IGNORED

Metroid Fusion Again

Cupcakus

Sorry to bring up another Fusion thread... but I've been playing this game for a couple days now, well I've had it for weeks and today I decided to put a couple hours into it... and I find it EXTREMELY frustrating...

I'm about half way through I think... and so far the bosses are really easy, and so are the little creatures you find along the way... Now it's been a long while scince I played a Metroid game due to an equally frustrating experience with Metroid 2 on the GB, when I ran out of missiles at a critical area near the end of the game, and could not continue because I could not find any more missiles, but that's another story.

I guess my only major beef is moving through the levels... at least 5 or 6 times a level you get stuck in a room, with seemingly no possible way out... and you have to resort to shooting everything, and bombing everything until the secret passage appears... Why???? At least they could give you a clue of some sort where to bomb, like a crack in a wall or something....

And things that can be bombed are inconsistant... a certain type of block can simply be shot away in some areas, where in others, the same exact block has to be bombed, missiled, speed run through, or is inpenetrable all together...

So instead of having fun exploring the areas, and aquiring cool new abilities like all of the cool metroids in the past... I seem to be wasting gobs of time shooting everything trying to find the "secret" passage to keep playing....

Oh well, enough ranting... back to work on the flash cart...

Let's not forget those spots in the original where you HAD to bomb-jump out of a tall pit, sometimes with lava in the bottom.

However, I can relate to Cupcakus' complaint. There are a few areas in the game that are really hidden and obscure that you have to pass through before you can progress any further. I don't remember that being the case too much in the earlier games.

I played and finished Super Metroid again these past few weeks.. (and finished it at 11 hours, which means I suck :P). It seemed a lot harder than I remembered it to be. However, that being said, I think it's REALLY making Metroid Fusion easier. I guess I'm already in that "Metroid Zone" of thought, so I'm finding my way out of passages and finding extra missiles is 2nd nature at this point.Maybe you should try that (play a round of Super Metroid first) :P

I'm doing a little better at finding things now... I just have that frame of mind you are talking about now... so I think... where would the dumbest place be to put a secret passage... and sure enough... if I bomb it there it is :-)

I just got Space Jump ability, which took me a few minutes to figure out... and now I have to figure out how to keep the SA-X from spotting me....

• 1 month later...