IGNORED

Cypher Problem

Tempest

The weekend I was able to burn the current build of Cypher onto a real proto board (thanks to Old Guru), and test it on a real 5200. The results? Well the start-up screen looked nice, but things want downhill after that. For some reason the title graphics worked (it said CYPHER), but after that I got a random string of text and the game froze. I guess there's some problem with my code that makes it not work on a real 5200. I hope to have this fixed soon, but I must admit I'm a bit bummed by this.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

The weekend I was able to burn the current build of Cypher onto a real proto board (thanks to Old Guru), and test it on a real 5200. The results? Well the start-up screen looked nice, but things want downhill after that. For some reason the title graphics worked (it said CYPHER), but after that I got a random string of text and the game froze. I guess there's some problem with my code that makes it not work on a real 5200. I hope to have this fixed soon, but I must admit I'm a bit bummed by this.

Tempest

Tempest I noticed this when I ran your ROM in AtariWinPlus 2.8 I didn't report it to you because I thought it was a problem with the emulator.

Tempest (and other 5200 coders), I have had 2 guys test early versions of Koffi for me on the machine.

I am getting my own board and eproms within a week or two (or so I predict), so I still haven't seen my game on the machine myself. However, from what I derive from their comments, if it works on Atari800Win, it'll pretty much work and look the same on the 5200.

VSS, as much as I like it as an emulator, is not a 5200 coder's best friend. There are some differences. For one thing, I think that VSS produces more bright colors than the actual machine (hence better looking screenshots). I know for a fact that the colors on VSS vs Atari800Win are different. I haven't explored all aspects of this yet. But for example, 2 brown hues on VSS look red on the 5200 and 800win.

Download 800win and get your code working on that. Hmmm .. hold on, I'll do it myself right now.

Hey Tempest man dont get disapointed by that. it happens to everyone,your smart youll poke around with the code and find soemthing that can be changed to get it to work or add something to the code to allow t0 work. I got faith in you. it is a bit down to hear it isnt working quite like you want it to but iknow youll get it in the long run and youll be happy when you get it