IGNORED

7th call for Friday night at Evanston ;-)

marc.hull

Wow, looks like it may be a lonely Friday night! Hal should be around though, since he lives there. I won't be rolling in until Sat. morning.

Matthew

There are some in's I know about, just trolling for more. Why don't you haul yourself up a day early. There's bound to be hardware set up, adult beverages and programming talk ;-) How about you Mike? when you rolling in ?

Ok, sounds like way too much fun... ;) I changed my reservation to include Friday night, so I'll be rolling in somewhere between 7pm and 8pm Central time. I'm also staying and the Best Western.

Matthew

Excellent (best Monty Burns voice.) Any body else ? Buehler.......Buehler.......Buehler ;-)

I sent this to the Yahoo group.. Thought I'd just repost here for you AA only guys. :)

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it.  My band unexpectedly drew the attention of a booking agent in the Midwest and we are hitting the road full time starting November.  My bassist just broke his arm, and i have had to replace him, unfortunately.  In preparation for the tour, we have to play several weekends locally in the next month to gear up and tighten our sound with the new bassist.  Sadly, this infringes on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of November.  We have also spent every dime of our savings on new PA gear and a vehicle.  This puts me in the position of having to miss the Faire this year.  Apologies to everyone I had promised disks to--- I will try to mail them out asap.  If anyone wants to take on the SSGC diskettes, I'll send you all the files and manuals.  

This is bittersweet for me... On one hand, we have an entirely new audience and more shows on the books than ever before.... On the other hand, my friend and bassist won't be with us--- on one hand, our finances will be much more secure in the long term--- on the other hand, I'm broke now and have to miss the Faire.  I will be watching on the computer--- my fondest wishes to everyone who will be traveling to the Faire.  I regret that I will not be there for the festivities.  

I sent this to the Yahoo group.. Thought I'd just repost here for you AA only guys. :)

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it.  My band unexpectedly drew the attention of a booking agent in the Midwest and we are hitting the road full time starting November.  My bassist just broke his arm, and i have had to replace him, unfortunately.  In preparation for the tour, we have to play several weekends locally in the next month to gear up and tighten our sound with the new bassist.  Sadly, this infringes on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of November.  We have also spent every dime of our savings on new PA gear and a vehicle.  This puts me in the position of having to miss the Faire this year.  Apologies to everyone I had promised disks to--- I will try to mail them out asap.  If anyone wants to take on the SSGC diskettes, I'll send you all the files and manuals.  

This is bittersweet for me... On one hand, we have an entirely new audience and more shows on the books than ever before.... On the other hand, my friend and bassist won't be with us--- on one hand, our finances will be much more secure in the long term--- on the other hand, I'm broke now and have to miss the Faire.  I will be watching on the computer--- my fondest wishes to everyone who will be traveling to the Faire.  I regret that I will not be there for the festivities.  

Don't worry Owen.... The beooch tag won't follow you for too long....... See you next year cooder.....(BTW ALL drinks are on you in 2011..right ??? !!!!)

It has been suggested that there be a TI -Tech room at the BW on Friday afternoon evening. Everyone could set up their stuff and have informal discussion concerning all the new events. It is BYOE(quipment) so bring your wares and your ideas. Should be a blast IMO anyway and may be the only venue for face to face discussion if Saturday is packed with lectures er... presentations ;-)

That's a great idea, man!!! Dammit!!! Why can't I freakin be there!?!?

This little idea at the BW makes me want to be there more than ever, but I have to play a show in a crappy bar for little pay in Lexing-crap Kentucky... You guys suck....

Edited by Opry99er

That's a great idea, man!!! Dammit!!! Why can't I freakin be there!?!?

This little idea at the BW makes me want to be there more than ever, but I have to play a show in a crappy bar for little pay in Lexing-crap Kentucky... You guys suck....

Well... next year book a show at a crappy bar with little pay in the Chicago area ! Maybe someone can Skype you in. Any Skype guru's out there?

It has been suggested that there be a TI -Tech room at the BW on Friday afternoon evening. Everyone could set up their stuff and have informal discussion concerning all the new events. It is BYOE(quipment) so bring your wares and your ideas. Should be a blast IMO anyway and may be the only venue for face to face discussion if Saturday is packed with lectures er... presentations ;-)

What room will we be using? Did someone set aside a small conference room with the hotel, or is this just going to happen in someone's regular room?

I'll be leaving Michigan about 4pm Friday, and it takes me about 3.5 hours to get there, but I gain an hour going from EDT to CT, so my and my non-TI geek friend will be arriving about 6:30pm if we don't hit a lot of traffic.

Owen: I don't understand how you let your real life and day (night) job get in the way of your hobby?? ;) I wish you were going to be there man, I was looking forward to some live FlyGuy music.

Matthew

What room will we be using? Did someone set aside a small conference room with the hotel, or is this just going to happen in someone's regular room?

I'll be leaving Michigan about 4pm Friday, and it takes me about 3.5 hours to get there, but I gain an hour going from EDT to CT, so my and my non-TI geek friend will be arriving about 6:30pm if we don't hit a lot of traffic.

Owen: I don't understand how you let your real life and day (night) job get in the way of your hobby?? ;) I wish you were going to be there man, I was looking forward to some live FlyGuy music.

Matthew

I believe Mr Tesch has volunteered his room and his liquor with the only caveat is that anyone needing to deuce it go elsewhere ;-) He's a bit more of a night owl than I am so won't be running anyone off early. Hell I may try and stay up past 9:30 for this one.

Well, it would be the coolest thing ever if I could get up there. Maybe I could thank some of you in person for all the support, help, and friendship. There are times (like the last couple days) when all I want to do is program, talk TI, and test code on the forum. I get hungry for the cyan screen, thirsty for SPRITEs, and starved for the banter. I hope this forum lives as long as I do... We need to get some kids on here and get them excited about programming the TI!!! :)

Sounds like an appetizer to the Faire! :thumbsup: I'll bring a wargame (Campaign) with me too in case someone is interested in getting their butt kicked :twisted: I'm hoping to be in town by 6pm at the latest. who is going to be the contact person?

Matthew

I believe Mr Tesch has volunteered his room and his liquor with the only caveat is that anyone needing to deuce it go elsewhere ;-) He's a bit more of a night owl than I am so won't be running anyone off early. Hell I may try and stay up past 9:30 for this one.

Indeed I have. I'll even bring a card table just in case we need the space. And since I have no idea how large (or small) the rooms might be it could be pretty cozy. As for the night owl thing, well, 9:30am is actually pretty early, sir but that should get you to the Faire on time. <grin>

It's starting to feel like a pre-Faire fiesta in the making. :idea: Should I bring cheese from the dairy state?

Matthew

Indeed I have. I'll even bring a card table just in case we need the space. And since I have no idea how large (or small) the rooms might be it could be pretty cozy. As for the night owl thing, well, 9:30am is actually pretty early, sir but that should get you to the Faire on time. <grin>

It's starting to feel like a pre-Faire fiesta in the making. :idea: Should I bring cheese from the dairy state?

Tim, this is what Hal Shanafield posted on the Yahoo site. Definitely a bigger space than a hotel room (unless you booked the honeymoon suite :D ). I've been there before and it's not bad and the beer is cheap :cool:

"Walid, I have arranged to have the Friday night event at theEvanston American

Legion Post. We can use the main room, there is free WiFi, and the beer is

cheap. We will be cruising downtown Evanston during the Saturday night pub

crawl. We will provide transportation to and from the Legion for everyone

staying at the hotel. For everyone coming to the Post by themselves, there is

plenty of free parking, a commodity not to be taken lightly in Evanston. The

post is located at 1030 Central Street in Evanston. There is a map and

directions on our website (which I helped design) at evanstonpost42.com under

maps. There is also some pix of the meeting room and the bar. Some may

remember that we held the Faire there a couple of years ago. BTW, Berry is in

room 406 at the Best Western. --Hal"

Walid

That's quite a haul from the Best Western. I sure wish Hal would post all this info somewhere "official" as to what he has reserved, the days and times, etc. Maybe it's just me who does not know these details though?

So, are we going to do this Friday night "thing" at the hotel or the A.L. Post? Personally I'm more interested in talking shop (hardware, programming, etc.) and maximizing the time since we will only have a few hours Friday night. Also, how late can we stay at the A.L., anyone know?

Matthew

That's quite a haul from the Best Western. I sure wish Hal would post all this info somewhere "official" as to what he has reserved, the days and times, etc. Maybe it's just me who does not know these details though?

So, are we going to do this Friday night "thing" at the hotel or the A.L. Post? Personally I'm more interested in talking shop (hardware, programming, etc.) and maximizing the time since we will only have a few hours Friday night. Also, how late can we stay at the A.L., anyone know?

Matthew

Hal is arranging transportation for all of us, and I also have my car, so that should not be an issue. Typically people bring in their laptops as there is wifi internet access available and run TI stuff on emulators. Most, if not all of the conversation is TI oriented, although things start going off on tangents proportionally to the amount of beer consumed :D The gathering is in the banquet room which we normally have to ourselves, and there are lots of tables to set up equipment. As to how late we can stay, I don't quite recall, but it's usually at least 11pm. After that, we can always "retire" to Tim's room or the local water hole for more chatting :cool: