IGNORED

Who was RJPG: Traffic/Car Racing, Peter Penguin, Ski Hunt

CincYnoTi

there used to be a PAL manufacturer listed on Nexus as RJPG with three titles, Traffic, Peter Penguin, Ski Hunt. The only thing close i can find on atariage are three similar titles by Homevision. i also seem to recall seeing one of the Bit titles (mr. postman??) listed as made by RJPG at some time, but i can't find that listed anywhere now. i found a PAL format game called "Car Racing" which i have listed on ebay right now

my auctions

which shows RJPG down at the bottom of the title screen. does anyone have any information on who RJPG is or if there are any other games made by them? does RJPG show up in the title screen of any of the homevision games with the same title?

Hi Tony,

there used to be a PAL manufacturer listed on Nexus as RJPG with three titles, Traffic, Peter Penguin, Ski Hunt.  The only thing close i can find on atariage are three similar titles by Homevision.  i also seem to recall seeing one of the Bit titles (mr. postman??) listed as made by RJPG at some time, but i can't find that listed anywhere now.

I've never seen a box or manual or brochure with RJPG, so I assume they are either the initials of a programmer or the name of a company that programmed (or hacked) games for other companies, like Homevision.

I found a PAL format game called "Car Racing" which i have listed on ebay right now  

my auctions

which shows RJPG down at the bottom of the title screen.  does anyone have any information on who RJPG is or if there are any other games made by them?  does RJPG show up in the title screen of any of the homevision games with the same title?

The game you put on eBay is from Italy. "Marpes" is the Italian equivalent of the German Quelle or the American Sears, a big warehouse selling their own brands of goods.

Cheers,

Marco

I know these RJPG initials too. The are on the Peter Penguin cartridge from Home Vision or ITT Family Games. So they are maybe too only from a programmer I think.

And thanks Marco, I never know that these Fantastic Games in Marpes are from Italy. So the Pet Boat games are too from Italy, or not?

It strange, because I own one Marpes Box and inside is a Fantastic Game, like in this auction.

But I own too a Fantastic Game Box and inside is an Pet Boat game.

Why they use 2 diffrent boxes and 2 diffrent lables. Or are the Pet Boat games not from Italy, and they use only Fantastic Game boxes? :? :? :?

Hi Matty,

I think the Pet Boat games were sold in Germany (and perhaps Holland), not Italy. These Fantastic Games carts pop up in many different forms and packages. Again, I believe that these were produced by a Taiwanese company that sold their games to several distributors, all across Europe, and the rest of the world.

Cheers,

Marco