IGNORED

CV Expansion Mod #1 - PLay CV games with it installed?

SlowCoder

Maybe my post above relates to having two cartridges inserted at the same time?

I've tried it with and without the Atari cartridge installed. It defaults to Atari when the cartridge is inserted. Without the Atari cartridge inserted, I get a black screen, whether or not a CV cartridge is inserted.

Maybe my post above relates to having two cartridges inserted at the same time?

I've tried it with and without the Atari cartridge installed. It defaults to Atari when the cartridge is inserted. Without the Atari cartridge inserted, I get a black screen, whether or not a CV cartridge is inserted.

This is consistent with what I would expect, personally. The ColecoVision's CPU is overriden by the CPU in the expansion module, which litterally takes over the CV and simply uses its video and audio output. So in other words, when the expansion module is plugged in, the CV becomes an Atari 2600, for all intents and purposes. Turn the machine on without an Atari 2600 in the cartridge slot, and it will react just like an actual Atari 2600: It will display a blank screen.

The worst part about unplugging it, is that the expansion door gets stuck in the up position. This problem can be eliminated by cutting the little nub off the top of the expansion module door. I have did this on several console when refurbishing and modding them.