IGNORED

Why is Contra so rediculously hard?

ShinRyu05

well i just got Contra Shattered soldiers as a late birthday present and its cool and all, great graphics sometimes fun to play. but the game is so rediculously hard, harder than the previous contras. you get 3 continues, and three lives per continue. a total of 9 lives to complete the game. wft?!?!. and also the lives and continues don't regenerate if u beat a level and there are no pickups (1ups, or powerups). why did they make this game so hard, it takes the enjoyment out of the game. you just want to throw it against the wall.

up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-start?? does that work or help ? :D

Contra for NES was also hard - and the other contra games for NES and SNES were also hard - Contra is meant to be challenging and hard :D

im sure codes for 30 lives are on their way - if not out already :)

course im waiting till itll get ported to the xbox :D

yeh well i know codes are there. but thats an easy out, you shouldn't have to use codes to beat a game. i mean i have a gameshark and all i have to do is put that invincibility code on and bam, but that takes the fun out of the game. maybe you do have to play it with two people

Only super human nazi's can beat a contra game on the lives it gives you :-) The whole point of playing Contra is that it NEEDs the code....

Common....

EVERY early NES game, almost 100% needed you to either call the rediculously expensive help line, or subscribe to nintendo power and get the codes/maps there...

is the contra code in this game? if so, what is B and A switched with?

If you wen to the link Sir Plus posted here,you would know the code Press Up(2), Down(2), L1, R1, L2, R2, L3, R3 on controller two at the title screen for 30 lives. :roll: :razz: :roll:

oh, my bad. i didnt go there.

well i just used my gameshark for infinite lives. either way its only five levels , took me no more than 2 hours to beat. so i am returning this piece of crap and getting a better game (dynasty warriors 3, M vs. C2, or Dance Dance Revolution Max)

marvel vs capcom 2... i need to buy that! and its only $40! you cant lose!

well i just used my gameshark for infinite lives. either way its only five levels , took me no more than 2 hours to beat. so i am returning this piece of crap and getting a better game (dynasty warriors 3, M vs. C2, or Dance Dance Revolution Max)

Well the whole idea of this type of action game is you are supposed to try and MASTER the game through replays (think "oldschool") and thus struggle your way to the ending rather than cheat and use infinite lives and poo it away in a mere 2 hours. I'm sure it would've given you more than 2 hours if you'd done it that way ;)

I actually got through Super C (NES) on one life! (I'd never be able to do that again.)

Its no man its a beast. One life? Thats insane! :o

WHAT!That is crazy!Too bad you didn't get that on tape,you are like an ungodly god. :o :D :ponder:

It was years ago (before the Jag even) :D Super C is pretty much a pattern game. Once you know where everything is going to come from, you can do it. You just have to be real careful with the bosses!