IGNORED

Mac Classic help

Goochman

I ran a bunch of Mac stuff on my ST via Spectre 128 a long time ago.

Im trying to get my Spectre setup on my new UltraSatan II which would require me to migrate my Mac stuff to the new HD partition.

Any good suggestions on how I can move Mac software? I ahve FInder 6.4.1 or 6.1.4.

I tried to take a Spectre formatted disk and copy the 'System Folder' to try a clean boot - but alas it complained that something was wrong with the 'Finder' when I tried to boot from floppy.

My Mac skills are fuzzy so I guess I need to somehow 'install' the Finder on my new disk vs just copy?

Moving applications could be a big problem I presume if I have to use floppies since the Mac hides stuff?

Thats my first problem - Im trying to get a floppy boot disk so I can get my US HD partition setup for Mac stuff.

I got an error just trying to copy the system folder to the floppy disk and booting from it - is there something special I need to do inorder to create a bootable floppy disk for the Mac?

I also cant connect my drive to the US. For some reason my ICD Fast drive doesnt like to play 2nd fiddle and there are conflicts when the US and ICD drives are hooked up at the same time :(

Edited by Goochman

I made some progress today - no idea why sometimes stuff works and times it doesnt. Anyhow, I decided to take a small SD card and create an empty 'Spectre' partition. I connected it to my ICD drive and booted up the Mac. Everything worked so I copied over the files and found the 'set startup' option.

When I tried to boot my new SD partition Spectre would crap out :(

I then focused on getting my floppy to work since the 'set startup' I didnt use before. After some formatting/copying I got the floppy to boot.

I then took the ICD drive out of the chain, booted the US2 and then tried to boot the SD partition for the Mac and it worked!

So I have everything in theory copied over - it took about 2 hours of fussing around but I think I can finally retire my ICD drive. Ive got my ST, PC, and Mac stuff moved!