IGNORED

Supercharger and Bin to Wave question for CE Devices

vespertillio

Hello all. Iwas trying to figure out a way to store a bunch of Bin files on my Ipaq. Is there a bin to wave program out there that was programmed for CE devices? It would be nice to store hundreds of bin files and then convert them one at a time as needed to save space. I think it would be a very cool way to carry a nice library of games around. Just wondering and happy holidays to you all.

Fred

Yeah but none of those are for CE :-) Silly people...

The answer is no, not at this time...

If I can get some spare time in with all of my other projects I can put that together... or if someone else wants to take a crack at it, the embedded tools from Microsoft are free, and it's pretty easy to make a CE program...

Cupcakus, if you could do that, you would have a new best friend in me. :) I think an Ipaq coupled with a small flash card could hold all of the Atari bin files. Keeping them all in that format then converting them one or two at a time would be quick, extremely portable and quite painless. Just a thought, but I'm sure it would work.

OK, I'm silly. But I'm not as silly as you are lazy obviously. ;) If you had taken the time to read through Chad Schell's website, you would have found this link to Robert Demming's wonderfull ports of Cuttle Cart Playbin for Windows CE. I admit, that the program doesn't convert BINs to WAV files, but I thought a program that can play the converted data directly would be just as good, especially on a PDA. ;)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Ok, I tried the pocketplaybin and it does not fully work. I can get some games to load but I can't play them. For example I load up Adventure and the screen where you choose which level you want to play comes up, but that is it. Has anybody else tried this? I messed around with some of the options but to no avail. Arrrghhh, so close yet so far. :(

Only some of the 2K and 4K games work on an unmodified Supercharger. The others accidentally trigger the hotspot address for the SC bankswitching and therefore crash. You could try one of the 4K homebrew games, as most of them were written with the SC in mind. If these work, then you can either try out all other games to find out which ones are compatible with the SC, or you can go to Bob Colbert's website and check out his modification to make the SC compatible with almost all 2K and 4K games.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg