IGNORED

Super Action Controller Fix?

Bartsfam

I won two super action controllers on EBay, for cheap. Now I know why. They are horrible! On one, the number buttons do not respond. On both, the control seems to be off a quarter of a turn. I.E. you point right, the player in the game goes diagonal. You point diagonal, the player goes right. Any advice on fixing them? Should I take them apart and clean them well? Anyone have any luck repairing these things?

I won two super action controllers on EBay, for cheap. Now I know why. They are horrible! On one, the number buttons do not respond. On both, the control seems to be off a quarter of a turn. I.E. you point right, the player in the game goes diagonal. You point diagonal, the player goes right. Any advice on fixing them? Should I take them apart and clean them well? Anyone have any luck repairing these things?

Joysticks are ok unless the white piece that transfers joystick movement to the contact points break. The fire buttons are the same as the standard controller and are prone to corrosion problems. I don't use them.

I've been extremely lucky with CV stuff.Everything I've found has worked, including the super action controllers.The only thing CV I've had that hasn't worked all the time are the original power supplies.I just bought 2 super action stiks last weekend from a flea market, and yes, lucky again, they work flawless. :thumbsup:.The only thing i can recommend is to simply open them up and clean contacts, contact points, and lube any parts that rub together with appropriate lube, good luck! :)

Edited by Rik

Heres a picture inside

I took these apart ages ago, but can't remember what the num pad looks like under neath, but it looks simple to fix the fire buttons and stick.

If you take it apart, if you could supply a picture of the num pad pcb, that would be appreciated.

post-25773-128847806964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark_Coleco

I bought one awhile back and mine won't work down I think? Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Yurkie gave me a set of instructions for taking them apart and cleaning them... When I find the time to do it, I plan to do a photo shoot of step by step along with the instructions...

I bought one awhile back and mine won't work down I think? Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Yurkie gave me a set of instructions for taking them apart and cleaning them... When I find the time to do it, I plan to do a photo shoot of step by step along with the instructions...

I can't help with repair info but this site sells a pair for $10. I ordered mine from this guy, they are perfect. He actually tests them before shipping. :)

I've been thinking about ordering from that site, but need to save up, I always find more stuff every time I look ;)

I would recommend buying a tested working set for $10, that is a giveaway price even if shipping is an extra $10.

I have found that the white piece under the joystick that transfers joystick movement to contact points is often broken. If the direction works sometimes this would not be the case and contacts could be refurbished. Of the 8 or so SAC I have taken a part half of them has had 1 or more of the 8 legs broken off.

Okay, here's an update on my Super Action Controllers.This thread got me thinking about playing my various CV games that utilize the Super controller.I have about six of these, and one wasn't working properly since i haven't used it in years.While playing Frontline, the down direction on the stik wouldn't work.I opened the controller up, took it apart to get to the metal contacts under stik.I took an emery board nail file and gently stuck it between the contacts that control the down direction and gently rubbed back and forth to clean oxidation, sprayed some contact cleaner, closed it all back up, and PRESTO!!!, the down direction now works perfect!

• Like 1