IGNORED

Two new Atgames Sega genesis clone

johj1987

If the arcade stick is as well built as this one is (The d-pad is junk, I'm going to return it hoping the next one works a bit better), I wouldn't suggest paying a premium for the fancier arcade stick model.

The sound isn't as bad as I expected (Although sometimes, the music is unrecognizable in a game like Outrun) and I can live with that and the occasional graphic iregularity. But the d-pad on this thing is horrible.

Too bad since the ability to load games off SD card is neat and works well, and the wireless controllers communicate well to my surprise. If this just had a couple joystick ports to use a real Sega controller, or at least a decent d-pad, I'd be quite happy with it.

If the arcade stick is as well built as this one is (The d-pad is junk, I'm going to return it hoping the next one works a bit better), I wouldn't suggest paying a premium for the fancier arcade stick model

Definitely go get it swapped out. The general consensus (at least going by this thread) is that the d-pads are pretty good (comparatively speaking in regards to other clones). Maybe you got a faulty one?

Does anyone know why PAL games like Super Skidmarks work fine on this thing? That game isn't even supposed to be able to be displayed properly with a region switch installed on a Genesis, yet it displays fine on my tv along with other PAL games.

Is this somehow converting them to NTSC output, or does my tv apparantly support PAL?

Edited by Atariboy

The ones here are marked for $30 too. You should've had them ring one up to see what it came up at.

Yeah, I thought about it. It was up high in top-stock though and didn't feel like bothering someone. Maybe next time I will try it--they had quite a few up there.

• 1 year later...