IGNORED

Cortina board for sale on eBay

Zerosquare

So it's more a browser thing then a tv capture card

Looks like that was the idea... But it sounds like nothing other than the dongle exists. If someone were enterprising enough to write a web browser for the Jaguar and also write drivers for all the necessary hardware (mouse, keyboard, modem), then we'd be in business.

$5k, seriously? :roll:

I paid $500 for that almost a decade ago and let it go for roughly the same amount. (if not less)

Hard to see something of that nature worth anything near the asking price. I guess that's because it isn't.

On a good day maybe $1,200, $1,500 at most considering it has the schematic. $5k is an insult.

Where the hell are these ridiculous prices coming from.

:ponder:

• Like 6

I paid $500 for that almost a decade ago and let it go for roughly the same amount. (if not less)

Hard to see something of that nature worth anything near the asking price. I guess that's because it isn't.

On a good day maybe $1,200, $1,500 at most considering it has the schematic. $5k is an insult.

Coming from the guy who sold the Blue/Grey VR headset for like $2k then complains when it goes for like $20k later :roll:, i think i see a pattern here.

There are only 2 of these Cortinas known to exist and i paid a very high price to acquire it. Things like this are really worth only what somebody is willing to pay in the collector market.

What is an insult is having you follow me around on different forums adding your two cents about my auctions. Dont be mad at me because you sold your Jaguar items a decade ago and they seem to be worth 1,000 times what you sold them for now in todays market.

Not sure why you have a grudge against me lately....:?

• Like 5

Coming from the guy who sold the Blue/Grey VR headset for like $2k then complains when it goes for like $20k later :roll:, i think i see a pattern here.

There are only 2 of these Cortinas known to exist and i paid a very high price to acquire it. Things like this are really worth only what somebody is willing to pay in the collector market.

What is an insult is having you follow me around on different forums adding your two cents about my auctions. Dont be mad at me because you sold your Jaguar items a decade ago and they seem to be worth 1,000 times what you sold them for now in todays market.

Not sure why you have a grudge against me lately....:?

Coming from the guy that sold it (the VR) for the same price he paid for it, you're right... what am I even thinking. Plus, it wasn't 20k it resold for but let's throw that out there so we can continue to drive this illusion that such prototypes are valued that high. I guess it only makes me foolish for not being in it for the money though in retrospect. :roll: But, that is also completely off topic in regards to this particular item.

So there are only 2 Cortinas known to exist... it doesn't automatically make it worth $5k. Sure, ultimately it is up to the 'collector' market but 'realistically' it isn't a $5k item. Don't agree with me, that's fine. I hope you get your asking price, it's clearly about the money. I'm not sure how much you paid for it (not that I would expect you to volunteer such information and even so, it is irrelevant to my statement from experience, the value of it anyways...) but what do I know, I've only been around collecting Jaguar stuff for a few years, right? ;) Besides, economy is down so I'm sure Jaguar prices are up... by about 1000%. Makes sense.

Insulting? Humorous maybe... the fact that you think I'm actually going out of my way to follow you to add my two cents about your auctions? Seriously? I just so happened to run across it... and of course I'm going to say something. Whatever I say however holds no merit anyways, as the collector market ultimately determines the value. Your words, not mine.

I have no grudge against you. Hell, I don't even know you. Aside from your alias and a few correspondences with you in the past, that's the only thing I know except your short time collecting Jaguar items and suddenly reselling it all for (what appears to be) astronomical prices.... too bad you're offended that I frown on that sort of thing. Do not confuse my idea of being fair with greed, I clearly see how that is an easy thing for you to do.

:|

• Like 3

Mr Buddybuddies...did you actually use this thing, does it work and did it need software/drivers to get it working or was that onboard the device

If it did/does work, can you stick up some pics of the screen (as in, seeing it in action)

Mr carmel_andrews... No i have not used it, that's one of the reasons im selling it. The creator has told Ted Rusniak in the article above that :Cortina itself worked perfectly. (Cortina itself was merely a port expander, providing the ports necessary to connect a Jag to a keyboard, mouse, and modem for internet connection.) But I don't think the browser code was ever written. :

JagMod if i remember correctly was working on a browser in his spare time to actually utilize the Cortina, he has the only other one. Hope that helps.

"JAGUAR RULES!"