IGNORED

Choplifter Game formats?

My600XL

What formats did the Choplifter game come in for the 8-bit computers? I know it's available on disk, but was a cartridge made?

The original Choplifter! was released by Brøderbund on diskette and cartridge. There was another cartridge version developed later by Atari (different than the Brøderbund version) for the XEGS; this version should work on the XL/XE computers as well.

Original release in 1982 by Broderbund, cartridge and disk according to AtariMania. I'm almost sure I had it on tape, but can't be sure, and it was a pirate job anyway which means it wasn't necessarily commercially available that way.

Original was largely in 320 mono mode, later Atari cartridge release in 1988 done with more colour.

Video 61 sells them, as well, on cart. They're pricey, but they're available. And disk copies show up used on ebay from time to time, both the monochrome 16k version and the 64k color version.

When I was a kid, I had the 16k monochrome version on disk. But sadly, it no longer works.

Video 61 sells them, as well, on cart. They're pricey, but they're available. And disk copies show up used on ebay from time to time, both the monochrome 16k version and the 64k color version.

When I was a kid, I had the 16k monochrome version on disk. But sadly, it no longer works.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I checked out the Video 61 website and $74.95 is a little steep for me. Still glad to know they have it. If I'm unable to find one cheaper I can always get this one. :thumbsup: