1. 1. Vote

• Galaxian
    • Centipede
    • Missile Command
    • Pitfall
    • Q*Bert
    • Vanguard

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

What does everyone think about a end of year bonus round? :)

For the entire month of December we'll play 4 or 5 games.

Games that probably wouldn't win a game poll like K Razy Shoot-Out and Congo Bongo.

We'll still play a game every 2 weeks like we do now but this bonus round will not count toward the season standings.

Good idea or bad? :)

For the end of year bonus round i was thinking

1. Congo Bongo

2. K-Razy Shoot-out

3. Pole Position

How about a hack like Crazy Otto?

Good list or bad?

Is there any game that hasn't been played before or hasn't been played for a few years that people really would like to play?

How many rounds are there in this year's HSC-- 26?

For the end of year bonus round i was thinking

1. Congo Bongo

2. K-Razy Shoot-out

3. Pole Position

How about a hack like Crazy Otto?

Good list or bad?

Is there any game that hasn't been played before or hasn't been played for a few years that people really would like to play?

How many rounds are there in this year's HSC-- 26?

Last season there were 27 rounds. I'm going to end this season with round 24.

Let's see...how about BOUNTY BOB STRIKES BACK! :D

I'll add that to the end of year bonus round games list. :)

1. Congo Bongo

2. K-Razy Shoot-out

3. Pole Position

4. Bounty Bob Strikes Back

I've been giving this end of year bonus round idea more thought and i picked these 5 games

1. Bounty Bob Strikes Back

2. Congo Bongo

3. Crazy Otto

4. K-Razy Shoot-out

5. Pole Position

We'll start this round on Nov. 29th and have it end on Dec. 27th 2010 or Jan. 3rd 2011

There will be no poll for the next round until Dec. 19th

I've been giving this end of year bonus round idea more thought and i picked these 5 games

2. Congo Bongo

3. Crazy Otto

4. K-Razy Shoot-out

5. Pole Position

We'll start this round on Nov. 29th and have it end on Dec. 27th 2010 or Jan. 3rd 2011

So it doesn't count for points but just for fun? One game per week. Perhaps, a point for participating may help.

2. Congo Bongo

3. Crazy Otto

4. K-Razy Shoot-out

5. Pole Position

So it doesn't count for points but just for fun? One game per week. Perhaps, a point for participating may help.

I'm going to have these games count towards the season standings. :)

Edited by roadrunner

2. Congo Bongo

3. Crazy Otto

4. K-Razy Shoot-out

5. Pole Position

Same point system or different structure?

2. Congo Bongo

3. Crazy Otto

4. K-Razy Shoot-out

5. Pole Position

Same point system or different structure?

I was thinking of using the same point system for each game.

11 points for 1st, 10 points for 2nd, etc.

Or i could use a medal system for this bonus round.

1st place - gold, 2nd place - silver, and 3rd place - bronze.

With 4 votes Missile Command wins!

I don't see the thread for the bonus round anymore. Just realized, I don't have the BBSB cartridge for A5200-- just for A800; can't afford that one nor I think it's worth >$50.

I didn't start the bonus round thread yet. I think this game sells for at least $300 on ebay. :-o :-o

That's at least 2 times more expensive than the rarest game for the 7800 Tank Command.

Since we're playing a bunch of rare games and 1 hack for the bonus round i'm thinking of using the point system that

therealbountybob uses for the 8 bit HSC bonus round.

For each game -

1st place 3 points

2nd place 2 points

3rd place and onwards 1 point

That way someone doesn't have to play all of the games and shouldn't fall too far in the standings.

Good idea or not?

I don't see the thread for the bonus round anymore. Just realized, I don't have the BBSB cartridge for A5200-- just for A800; can't afford that one nor I think it's worth >$50.

I didn't start the bonus round thread yet. I think this game sells for at least $300 on ebay. :-o :-o

That's at least 2 times more expensive than the rarest game for the 7800 Tank Command.

I meant there was some thread discussing which games to play for bonus round; I don't see it anywhere.

Since we're playing a bunch of rare games and 1 hack for the bonus round i'm thinking of using the point system that

For each game -

1st place 3 points

2nd place 2 points

That way someone doesn't have to play all of the games and shouldn't fall too far in the standings.

Good idea or not?

How about you take the best scores from 4 out of 5 games played that way nobody has to play all of them?

You know like dropping the lowest grade in an exam.

I didn't start the bonus round thread yet.

I meant there was some thread discussing which games to play for bonus round; I don't see it anywhere.

For each game -

1st place 3 points

2nd place 2 points

Good idea or not?

How about you take the best scores from 4 out of 5 games played that way nobody has to play all of them?

This is the thread for discussing the bonus round games. I didn't start a new thread to discuss the bonus round.

I don't want to drop the lowest score. With a 3, 2, 1 point system for this round

if a person would miss a game they wouldn't miss out on that many points anyway.

I'd like to have each game count.

We have someone in the 7800 HSC who wants to play against you guys at Q*bert.

The 7800 version is a homebrew called B*nQ

Maybe early next year we could have a 5200 HSC vs 7800 HSC at Q*bert/B*nQ?

A few years ago the 5200 HSC played against the 7800 HSC at Joust.

The HSC with the highest combined score wins.

Edited by roadrunner

I didn't start the bonus round thread yet.

For each game -

1st place 3 points

2nd place 2 points

Good idea or not?

This is the thread for discussing the bonus round games. I didn't start a new thread to discuss the bonus round.

I don't want to drop the lowest score. With a 3, 2, 1 point system for this round

if a person would miss a game they wouldn't miss out on that many points anyway.

I'd like to have each game count.

Okay, there's a thread in the 8-bit forum discussing the bonus round. You overloaded this thread so I guessed right in posting here. I think the 8-bit bonus round (Atari 800), has 2 points for 2nd-5th or something like that to minimize loss of points as this is suppose to be *BONUS*.

We have someone in the 7800 HSC who wants to play against you guys at Q*bert.

The 7800 version is a homebrew called B*nQ

Maybe early next year we could have a 5200 HSC vs 7800 HSC at Q*bert/B*nQ?

A few years ago the 5200 HSC played against the 7800 HSC at Joust.

The HSC with the highest combined score wins.

As long as they have similar gameplay. You already know that Choplifter, Robotron, Donkey Kong, etc. are much harder on Atari 5200 than on Atari 7800. I think Ms. Pac-man and Centipede have similar gameplay.

Some are also badly coded on Atari 7800 like Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Mission Impossible, etc.

Yeah, i'm using this thread for the bonus round discussion instead of starting a new thread.

So you rather have the point system (1st 3 points, 2nd thur 5th 2 points, 6th and after 1 point) or go by the regular 5200 HSC point

system? When the 5200 HSC played Joust against the 7800 HSC the point was brought up that the default skill on the

5200 Joust is easier than the 7800 version. I would have to spend more time playing each Q*bert and B*nQ is see if their close to the same difficulty.

But B*nQ was played before in the 7800 HSC and someone got a million points

and the second highest score was just over 400k so this might not be a good idea.

On the other hand the 5200 version of Q*Bert hasn't been played before in the 5200 HSC.

Or we could play 5200 HSC Frogger vs 7800 HSC Froggie.

Froggie is a unfinished homebrew, but the game is pretty much playable.

It was played once before in the 7800 HSC and the top score was 14,000

The top score for Frogger in the 5200 HSC is 17,450

So these games look to be pretty much on the same skill level.

Edited by roadrunner