IGNORED

Rare items on ebay

Opry99er

Dang, I should have held out. I paid $25 for mine, no manual, about a month ago. There was another one, full in-box with manual, for $69 at the time.

I'm going to stop buying for a while. I finally picked up a second acoustic coupler modem for my project to prove you can get 300 baud over can-and-string.

Edit: In similar news, there's a guy in Washington who is selling a P-Code card for $120. He tried selling it for almost $200 but got no bites. I've considered it for this price, but what can I do with it reasonably? I like Pascal, but are there any P-code resources these days?

Edited by OLD CS1

Dang, I should have held out. I paid $25 for mine, no manual, about a month ago. There was another one, full in-box with manual, for $69 at the time.

I'm going to stop buying for a while. I finally picked up a second acoustic coupler modem for my project to prove you can get 300 baud over can-and-string.

Edit: In similar news, there's a guy in Washington who is selling a P-Code card for $120. He tried selling it for almost $200 but got no bites. I've considered it for this price, but what can I do with it reasonably? I like Pascal, but are there any P-code resources these days?

That's Larry Correa. He also has a Geneve for $1500.

His items are real-- they're nice... They're over-priced. However, $120 isn't bad.

That's Larry Correa. He also has a Geneve for $1500.

His items are real-- they're nice... They're over-priced. However, $120 isn't bad.

The $70 boxed Miner 2049'er was mine. I kinda floated it as a "let's see if this actually sells" thing, figuring it wouldn't and I'd end up keeping it (I have the game, but didn't own the complete version). Sure enough, someone bought it.

I sell stuff, and have never seen myself as a "collector" in the true sense, but in the last two years (since we moved into a house big enough for me to take over a whole room of the basement with computer stuff) the bug has bitten me. I'm kinda regretting selling that boxed Miner now, even though the game itself isn't that good and I can always use seventy bucks. :) If I do happen across another one, it'll probably join my increasing collection of boxed games.

I don't even wanna talk about how much I paid for the recent batch of Moonbeam Software games I've picked up... :/

The $70 boxed Miner 2049'er was mine. I kinda floated it as a "let's see if this actually sells" thing, figuring it wouldn't and I'd end up keeping it (I have the game, but didn't own the complete version). Sure enough, someone bought it.

I sell stuff, and have never seen myself as a "collector" in the true sense, but in the last two years (since we moved into a house big enough for me to take over a whole room of the basement with computer stuff) the bug has bitten me. I'm kinda regretting selling that boxed Miner now, even though the game itself isn't that good and I can always use seventy bucks. :) If I do happen across another one, it'll probably join my increasing collection of boxed games.

I don't even wanna talk about how much I paid for the recent batch of Moonbeam Software games I've picked up... :/

I waffled on your Miner cart for a while, but I settled for the $25 unit by itself (I also picked up Popeye, which I had been looking to get for some time.) I looked up the pricing in an old catalog, which was $25 back in the day as well, and I think it would have been a rip-off then as well. Well, that is MHO, anyway. (Edit: I meant the quality of the game.)

Over the past few years since a forced move, my TI equipment has been kinda languishing. I keep all my stuff in good shape, but have not really used anything other than my Amigas for a while -- too busy, have not been able to claim a room, etc. But since I was finally able to get a good CS1er transfer of my old programs I have been back on the TI wagon, again. I am rounding out my PEB with a SCSI card and soon a DSDD floppy controller. Very excited.

My last big purchase will be a copy of Retrocloud's Pitfall!

Edited by OLD CS1

I waffled on your Miner cart for a while, but I settled for the $25 unit by itself (I also picked up Popeye, which I had been looking to get for some time.) I looked up the pricing in an old catalog, which was $25 back in the day as well, and I think it would have been a rip-off then as well. Well, that is MHO, anyway. (Edit: I meant the quality of the game.)

Over the past few years since a forced move, my TI equipment has been kinda languishing. I keep all my stuff in good shape, but have not really used anything other than my Amigas for a while -- too busy, have not been able to claim a room, etc. But since I was finally able to get a good CS1er transfer of my old programs I have been back on the TI wagon, again. I am rounding out my PEB with a SCSI card and soon a DSDD floppy controller. Very excited.

I understand completely - game quality and collector rarity are two totally different things. I swore I'd *never* be a collector... just a game player and hack programmer. But all those boxes look so cool on my shelf... *sigh*

I tell myself I'm serving some noble purpose, archiving all this old stuff (I mainly collect the third-party disk and tape games). But with Bill Gaskill around, I can't even honestly say my services are needed in that department. Oh well... my basement room seems to be an eternal work in progress, but as I get more 'collector-y,' it's coming together as well, and will soon be the 'war room' I've wanted since I was a kid. ALL the old systems, all up and running. THEN the real madness will begin...

Is $40 a big purchase? ;) The official place to get them is at the CHC store (see my signature line for the link.) I made a new label and had them printed at a professional print house on UV-proof vinyl. They look really nice and are as durable as a TI-produced cart. The picture on the CHC store is exactly what the carts look like.

Matthew

Is $40 a big purchase? ;) The official place to get them is at the CHC store (see my signature line for the link.) I made a new label and had them printed at a professional print house on UV-proof vinyl. They look really nice and are as durable as a TI-produced cart. The picture on the CHC store is exactly what the carts look like.

Matthew

"Big" is subjective. I've bought a SCSI card, about to buy a DSDD controller, so that leaves the Pitfall! cart as the largest item remaining. Although I did break that discipline today to pick up a second Mini Memory cartridge. I'll be getting Pitfall! from your CHC site, as well as a couple of black plastic shells (I've lost my Mini Memory shell, to my dismay.) But no more purchases!

hrmmm now I think about it, I think I'll put Pitfall! on my Christmas list. Those look awesome, btw, you guys did excellent work. I'd like to see more home-brew stuff for the TI. I have my own ideas in hand, some stuff I've wanted to do since the 80s.

I picked up a mini memory at the Faire for fifty cents... :)

As for new stuff, Retroclouds is working on a Tutankahm port that I hope to have on the CHC site when he is done. And if I ever quit messing with hardware long enough, I hope to have a FlyGuy II cart out at some point in the future.

Matthew

That sounds nice, until I factor in the $450 plane ticket ;) I do plan to attend one year. Just don't know when.

As for new stuff, Retroclouds is working on a Tutankahm port that I hope to have on the CHC site when he is done. And if I ever quit messing with hardware long enough, I hope to have a FlyGuy II cart out at some point in the future.

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to Tutankahm, especially if it is as good as Pitfall! and as good as I've read. I'm not familiar with FlyGuy.

That sounds nice, until I factor in the $450 plane ticket ;) I do plan to attend one year. Just don't know when.

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to Tutankahm, especially if it is as good as Pitfall! and as good as I've read. I'm not familiar with FlyGuy.

Then I'd better start doing some coding if I ever want to get it finished :D

Then I'd better start doing some coding if I ever want to get it finished :D

You, sir, take your time and do not be rushed. I would much rather have an awesome game in reasonable time than a mediocre game by Christmas!

Edited by OLD CS1

Can't WAIT for Tutankham!!! I'm looking forward to this release... Question, Filip--- are you guys planning to individually number these carts (internally)? This might discourage some people from making these carts and selling them as "official Tutankham carts". Jon did this with his 512k multicarts. Mine is "PROTO #4". :)

62e481c0.jpg

You, sir, take your time and do not be rushed. I would much rather have an awesome game in reasonable time than a mediocre game by Christmas!

Have you seen the Tutankham demo video!? It's amazing! Filip is pretty awesome, man... You won't need to worry about the quality of his work. :)

In the meantime, OLD CS1--- you can get a disk version of Filip's Pitfall! At tigameshelf.net

Works GREAT!!

Check out the FlyGuy II thread on this forum. You can play the current version on an emulator or burn it to a real cart and play on real hardware. FlyGuy (one) was written in XB by Codex for Owen's game contest to kick off the creation of this sub-forum on A.A. I liked it so much that I made an assembly language version that I called FlyGuy II. It needs to be finished up, sounds added, etc. to make it a "real game". Details, details.

Matthew