IGNORED

Just regular Snake for 2600

parski

Hello!

I need to make a Snake game for the Atari 2600, so to learn I want to start by doing a hack on the game Tape Worm, which is pretty much a Snake clone with a lot of unnecessary elements implemented to give it a unique touch. However, I just want to make a normal Snake. I have no prior knowledge in Assembly, but I do know C#. I searched a bit on the forums and found bithacker as well as BOM (don't remember what it stands for), but I just get a windows with what looks like a pixel equivalent of HEX code. I want to see the actual code! My other problem is that when I try to emulate Tape Worm in both Z26 and Stella I can't get past the first screen... I tried to see what keys where mapped to what, but I tried pressing all the buttons with no success.

I found no stickies in this part of the forum, so if someone could just point me in the right direction I'd be very thankful.

If you wanna take a look at the Tapeworm source code just disassemble the ROM with Distella.

Or use the latest version of Stella (3.3), which greatly improves the disassembly compared to previous versions. In many cases, it will even detect and mark graphics stored in ROM, which can be modified directly in the debugger.