IGNORED

Speaking Of Slow

Cap5750

I was reading about some guy who was slow in shipping and it reminded me I was going to post about this....

Nearly a month ago, I won several auctions from Davekreg for some boxed games. At the same time, I didn't win an auction, but since noone bid on it, got a boxed Waterski from .

Anyway, on November 8th, I sent payments in the form of a money order to them both.

About two weeks later, I sent them both another e-mail requesting them to let me know if they had indeed received my payment since I hadn't heard from either one of them.

Oddly, I never heard from Dave, but my games did arrive that Saturday morning. :)

Now the other guy responded and told me he hadn't received my payment and asked when I sent it. I was a bit skeptical and wondered if I should spend the 12 bucks to have them put a stop pay on it, but had let it go and figured I'd give it until the end of this week.

Well wouldn't you know it, he received my payment YESTERDAY! Yes, that's right. It took a whopping 30+ days to send a money order from Columbus to Cleveland! :o

Cap

I just received a package from Illinois (about a 5 hour drive) that was mailed on 10/26...

It took over 1 month because it was sent to GERMANY first..

I received it with a customs stamp from Frankfurt Airport.. meanwhile the person who had sent it to me was about to leave me a negative (on eBay) because I was exchanging a (supposedly) faulty DVD for him.. he figured I had taken the disc and run away... [Homer] mmmm Faulty Disc [/Homer]

I was reading about some guy who was slow in shipping and it reminded me I was going to post about this....

Nearly a month ago, I won several auctions from Davekreg for some boxed games. At the same time, I didn't win an auction, but since noone bid on it, got a boxed Waterski from <I forget the name off the top of my head>.

Anyway, on November 8th, I sent payments in the form of a money order to them both.

About two weeks later, I sent them both another e-mail requesting them to let me know if they had indeed received my payment since I hadn't heard from either one of them.

Oddly, I never heard from Dave, but my games did arrive that Saturday morning. :)

Now the other guy responded and told me he hadn't received my payment and asked when I sent it. I was a bit skeptical and wondered if I should spend the 12 bucks to have them put a stop pay on it, but had let it go and figured I'd give it until the end of this week.

Well wouldn't you know it, he received my payment YESTERDAY! Yes, that's right. It took a whopping 30+ days to send a money order from Columbus to Cleveland!  :o  

Cap

I've seen wierder things happen. I worked in a mailroom of a bank in 1993, and one thing that sticks out in my mind is that I got a return to sender letter back to the bank that was postmarked 1980!

This reminds me of a weird email thing that happened to me. There was a guy in a band from DC that had opened for Rat Bastard and had emailed me a few times. We kept in touch about shows, CDs we were releasing, etc. The last email I sent him was in October of 2000. I just got a reply to it last month. It was also dated October of 2000. I guess it bounced around cyberspace for 2 years.

I know what it is like! Recently, the GOAT Store got a letter from someone for an order placed on June 7th.... of 2000! Poor guy.

There are other times where I've gotten a postmark on something that is a full month off, but it happens so rarely that I never really thought much of it.

It is easy to see how this happens. One package the tape gets exposed and a envelope sticks to it and goes for the ride, mail falls behind a machine and then gets discovered years later and delivered, the zip is unreadable and it is not sent to Melbourne Florida but to the other Melbourne. :roll: