IGNORED

Sega Genesis Zero Tolerance System Link Cable

swlovinist

I recently did a video on youtube overviewing Sega Genesis Zero Tolerance System Link Cable. Awesome overlooked title that had system link!

Does anyone have a spare System Link Cable they would like to sell? I'd love to try this with a friend. Or can I pay someone make a cable for me?

i actually just did a test with this game and was trying to get it to play ONLINE via tunneling a link cable connection over tcp/ip. hardware works but i need a custom program written for the pc to carry the signals.

I recently did a video on youtube overviewing Sega Genesis Zero Tolerance System Link Cable. Awesome overlooked title that had system link!

Does anyone have a spare System Link Cable they would like to sell? I'd love to try this with a friend. Or can I pay someone make a cable for me?

I am wondering the same thing. I am very interested in this setup

• 1 month later...

After over a month, my Zero Tolerance link cable showed up from Japan yesterday! I tore that sucker open and set up two Genesis consoles and slammed in two Zero Tolerance cartridges and had an awesome time!

This is a great way to have fun with vintage systems. If you put your mindset in the retro era, you could almost "feel" the future of multi-console, mutiplayer gaming approaching fast. :D

I recommend this experience to any Genesis fan. The cable is $15 shipped from Japan, but it is well worth it!

post-24636-129367495202_thumb.jpg

Edited by the-topdog
  • Like 1

After over a month, my Zero Tolerance link cable showed up from Japan yesterday! I tore that sucker open and set up two Genesis consoles and slammed in two Zero Tolerance cartridges and had an awesome time!

This is a great way to have fun with vintage systems. If you put your mindset in the retro era, you could almost "feel" the future of multi-console, mutiplayer gaming approaching fast. :D

I recommend this experience to any Genesis fan. The cable is $15 shipped from Japan, but it is well worth it!

Where did you get it from?

Because the Genesis has a fairly low-resolution video output, and today's TV's have such a high resolution potential, I wonder if there would be some way to combine the output of two Genesis systems onto one display?

Very, very interesting question, and I bet it could be done. Wouldn't be very easy, but I can see it.

Because the Genesis has a fairly low-resolution video output, and today's TV's have such a high resolution potential, I wonder if there would be some way to combine the output of two Genesis systems onto one display?

Very, very interesting question, and I bet it could be done. Wouldn't be very easy, but I can see it.

It is actually super simple if you have picture-in-picture capability on your tv. But that totally defeats the whole idea of what this cable accomplishes.

It is actually super simple if you have picture-in-picture capability on your tv. But that totally defeats the whole idea of what this cable accomplishes.

I'm sure you could make a video interface controller to treat each genny as one half of an interpolated image, and "combine" said image into one progressive image. That should be doable, now getting the two to reliably talk to each other and sync up with one controller (or two, heh, two playered or whatever) that may be a bit more difficult. Not the syncing per sea, getting someone to actually program such a game, I mean.

Hey, I'd buy it....I'm all for BS like that :P

Right on, Video! I have thought a bit abut it and think this:

2 Genny's ware set up.

One of themn puts up SOM scanlines on a high res TV, the other is sync'd with it to put up the other set of scanlines.

Both would need more syncing than the cable could provide, I think, but it could be done via the carts, a cable attached there, maybe triple the bandwidth the cable would provide.

Not sure on the actual tech of it but I can definitely see this being accomplished with any system, the Genny would be a great candidate to do this with as it has a lot of hardware available on the inside for it to use.

• 4 years later...

Does the second controller port on the genesis has a secret link feature? I wonder if this also works on the sega nomad because it would be soooo ideal to play that game head to head.,just like a gameboy.

No, the individual pins on the controller port can be configured for input or output, making for a simple I/O port. In this case, Zero Tolerance is using the controller ports as a 4-bit parallel I/O port.