IGNORED

Oh YES! Elder Scrolls V is coming!

Mendon

I better enjoy life while I have one. I just hope they are keeping in mind both what made Oblivion great and what made Morrowind great. I would like to see a couple lessons learned.

Yes I agree.

Some reason I think it will be a far better game. Gut instinct but I can certainly hope.

Moycon I'm with you. Collectors edition will be mine!

From what i hear, they are dumping the Gamebryo Engine that was used in Oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas and going to use the RAGE Engine that is used in GTA4, RDR.

Its about time they start releasing a new Elder Scrolls.

About time? I bought Oblivion on release day and I still haven't completed all of the content. Same with Morrowind and I bought that game in 2002! I have Fallout 3 but I haven't even started it. Man... where do people find the time?

From what i hear, they are dumping the Gamebryo Engine that was used in Oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas and going to use the RAGE Engine that is used in GTA4, RDR.

About time? I bought Oblivion on release day and I still haven't completed all of the content. Same with Morrowind and I bought that game in 2002! I have Fallout 3 but I haven't even started it. Man... where do people find the time?

Yeah after about 1300 hours into Marrowind (around the 300 mark i had finished the main quests the rest of the time was used doing side quests and looking for loot and screwing around) and over 1500 hours into Oblivion a new game tends to be a good thing. although Marrowind and Oblivion is still great games after so many hours a change is needed.

talking about long gaming sessions.

Edited by madmax2069

Awsome news! Always enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games, but to think of all the time I lost playing both Morrowind and Oblivion..... :D

I still recall when I bought Oblivion, I got Kingdom Hearts II at the same time, as both games were brand new. And though I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan, I got hooked on Oblivion the moment I played it. Didn't play anything else until I was 'done'. By that I mean I had finished the main quest, all the side quests, and some optional stuff.

Took me six weeks and 100 gaming hours to do all that. :P

Totally agree with the other poster who said when this come out, bye-bye life! :lust:

I haven't seen any rumors like that. I think most people are expecting them to use some of id's technology since it's under the same corporate umbrella as Bethesda (Such as their new id Tech 5 engine). The reports in the media that I've read like this article from back in August seem to support that as well.

I can't imagine that ZeniMax would restrict id's latest engine to just Bethesda published titles if it was just going to be used by titles developed by id and Arkane Studios and any outside titles they pick up the publishing rights to (After all, licensing id's engines out has been a very profitable business over the past 15 years). I have to think that future titles in the Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises played a role in this decision.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29886/id_Tech_5_Rage_Engine_No_Longer_Up_For_External_Licensing.php

Yeah after about 1300 hours into Marrowind (around the 300 mark i had finished the main quests the rest of the time was used doing side quests and looking for loot and screwing around) and over 1500 hours into Oblivion a new game tends to be a good thing. although Marrowind and Oblivion is still great games after so many hours a change is needed.

Surprised you can't spell it after 1300 hours. ;)

I'm just teasing of course. I wish I could've got into Morrowind, but I purchased the Xbox release after starting Oblivion and it was just too difficult to take a step backward graphically. Maybe someday I'll play it long enough to get pulled in and experience what it has to offer since my understanding is that many of the elements were superior to what Oblivion had to offer.

Edited by Atariboy

I wonder how many divorces this one will be responsible for.

No that's left for MMORPG like evercrack or WOW, or Eve Online. This isn't as bad unless that add a MMO side to it but i highly doubt that.

Are you kidding? The Elder Scrolls games have gotten huge from Morrowind onwards. It takes a lot of time to do everything and there is going to be downloadable content to make the game last even longer. There's side quests in Oblivion I haven't even started yet and huge sections of land I've never explored. If a new one is going to be bigger and more engrossing than Oblivion, there's going to be some happy divorce lawyers in the land.

I wonder how many divorces this one will be responsible for.

No that's left for MMORPG like evercrack or WOW, or Eve Online. This isn't as bad unless that add a MMO side to it but i highly doubt that.

Are you kidding? The Elder Scrolls games have gotten huge from Morrowind onwards. It takes a lot of time to do everything and there is going to be downloadable content to make the game last even longer. There's side quests in Oblivion I haven't even started yet and huge sections of land I've never explored. If a new one is going to be bigger and more engrossing than Oblivion, there's going to be some happy divorce lawyers in the land.

It might be longer, but its a lot more easy to pull away from TES then it is a MMORPG when your playing with real people and not just the computer. now if they add a multiplayer mode then will be the time to worry about that, but i never had a issue of pulling away from TES due to life, and neither has my friends that are happily married). i can see it being more hard to pull away from a MMORPG again because your playing with people. you just do not get the same feeling playing with the computer as you do with playing with real people. most people that have a divorce are already having a rocky relationship at best and or the player has other life issues and thinks the online world is his new life (a life away from life if you will).

Edited by madmax2069

AWESOME!!! I was actually kind of wondering why they didn't do another elder scrolls game before another Fallout game (it would make sense to keep the series more fresh)

It took just under 200 hours for me to completely beat Oblivion, around 80 for just the main quest. You can of course explore forever, as the caves and locals will repopulate when you stay away fro a few days. But....Morrowind was SO much more fun (graphics aside) I hope they take a lot of what made Morrowind so great, and apply it to V (like the much larger magic system for starters)

Anyhow, V looks awesome, but then, they just show the PC version, but it's not like Oblivion looks bad or anything. Even if they stuck with the game engine, I see no problem with that.

Anyhow, V looks awesome, but then, they just show the PC version, but it's not like Oblivion looks bad or anything. Even if they stuck with the game engine, I see no problem with that.

There are screenshots now? I can't find anything except that Eurogamer rumor.

AWESOME!!! I was actually kind of wondering why they didn't do another elder scrolls game before another Fallout game (it would make sense to keep the series more fresh)

The latest Fallout game was outsourced to another developer. So technically, I guess they did do a Elder Scrolls game before another Fallout since it wasn't developed inhouse.

Edited by Atariboy

Ah, I loved both Oblivion and Morrowind! Good news to see another Elder Scrolls. I just hope it gets a console release... My current computer is crap, and I don't really have money to build a gaming PC :(

I think the last two Elder Scrolls titles and their two Fallout titles have done so well on consoles that it guarantees a console release for this.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not clear from what I've read what engine they're using yet (An enhanced version of what is used in Oblivion and the Fallout titles, or something built from scratch), but they've came out and said that it won't be id's new engine.

So I was pretty far off there.

It's barely worth mentioning, but I don't care for the subtitle one bit. Doesn't have the same ring as something like Oblivion, but maybe it will grow on me (Not that it matters in the least what the name is).

Edited by Atariboy