IGNORED

MyPicoDos 4.05 released

HiassofT

I have a feature request. Since this is primarily used as a game DOS, and accommodates joystick input, why not allow for a method to go up in the directory hierarchy of a disk using the joystick as well? A simple method would be to put a pair of dots ".." at the top of any subdirectory, similar to what's done on the SIDE cartridge's loader. This is useful, because when you're playing games and sitting at a distance with the joystick, it keeps you from having to get up and change directories using the keyboard when you're browsing for a game.

post-6369-0-47616500-1456415822_thumb.png
I suppose something similar would be possible to allow changing drive numbers as well...
Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

I have a feature request. Since this is primarily used as a game DOS, and accommodates joystick input, why not allow for a method to go up in the directory hierarchy of a disk using the joystick as well?

I suppose something similar would be possible to allow changing drive numbers as well...

This feature was on my TODO list for a long time and a few weeks ago I had an idea how I could handle that, found a couple hours of spare time and implemented it :)

I changed the trigger handling to act on trigger release instead of trigger press and check the stick position there. If the stick is in the neutral position the file is started/directory entered, just as before. Stick up means directory up, down go to root directory, left drive number down, right drive number up.

There's a state machine running in the background so that stick movement doesn't move the selection cursor while in directory/drive number change mode and you can easily go up several directories or move accross multiple drives without too much hassle.

For example, to change from D1: to D3: you can do this:

Press and hold the trigger. Move (and hold) the stick right. Release trigger (still holding stick right), drive number is now D2:. Press and release trigger (still holding stick right), drive number is now D3:. Now release the stick and you're back in cursor movement mode.

I have a beta version currently in testing and if everything works fine I'd like to release a final 4.06 version soon. Anyone interested in testing please contact me via PM or email and I'll send the beta to you. Only request: please don't redistribute the beta, I already bumped the version number to 4.06 and I don't want to have that out in the wild in case we need to fix a last-minute-bug.

so long,

Hias

• Like 4

Hias I had used makeatr preparing my demo for Revision party and I tried to set 1040 sectors to get a 130kb ATR.

What would be the command to copy files of an folder plus making a 130kb ATR and putting xboot boatloader on the disk? It must be dos25 compliant due to my irq loader (because of directory format).

My tries failed

This feature was on my TODO list for a long time and a few weeks ago I had an idea how I could handle that, found a couple hours of spare time and implemented it :)

I changed the trigger handling to act on trigger release instead of trigger press and check the stick position there. If the stick is in the neutral position the file is started/directory entered, just as before. Stick up means directory up, down go to root directory, left drive number down, right drive number up.

There's a state machine running in the background so that stick movement doesn't move the selection cursor while in directory/drive number change mode and you can easily go up several directories or move accross multiple drives without too much hassle.

For example, to change from D1: to D3: you can do this:

Press and hold the trigger. Move (and hold) the stick right. Release trigger (still holding stick right), drive number is now D2:. Press and release trigger (still holding stick right), drive number is now D3:. Now release the stick and you're back in cursor movement mode.

I have a beta version currently in testing and if everything works fine I'd like to release a final 4.06 version soon. Anyone interested in testing please contact me via PM or email and I'll send the beta to you. Only request: please don't redistribute the beta, I already bumped the version number to 4.06 and I don't want to have that out in the wild in case we need to fix a last-minute-bug.

Wow, talk about instant gratification!

What would be the command to copy files of an folder plus making a 130kb ATR and putting xboot boatloader on the disk? It must be dos25 compliant due to my irq loader (because of directory format).

Try this:

dir2atr -B xboot.obx 1040 output.atr directory_with_your_files
so long,

Hias

• Like 1