IGNORED

Which of you sad sacks did this?

OldAtarian

Seller on ebay had Intellivision lot with CIB Learning Fun II up for auction and someone offered $75 for him to end it early when I already a bid of over $250 in and would have gone higher if I was outbid. Rest assured, I immediately notified the seller when the listing was canceled of the true value of that game and how high I would have gone to get it and linked him to the recent $500 auction, so don't hold you're breath waiting on your merchandise to arrive. You know who you are, jerk.

Seller on ebay had Intellivision lot with CIB Learning Fun II up for auction and someone offered $75 for him to end it early when I already a bid of over $250 in and would have gone higher if I was outbid. Rest assured, I immediately notified the seller when the listing was canceled of the true value of that game and how high I would have gone to get it and linked him to the recent $500 auction, so don't hold you're breath waiting on your merchandise to arrive. You know who you are, jerk.

Wasn't me since my paypal account just took a $500 hit for a certain auction. icon_wink.gif

What was the auction number?

EDIT: Found the auction. Not sure if you noticed the CIB Learning Fun 1 as well. WOW. icon_surprised.gif Did that seller ever screw himself. Somebody got a heck of a deal. The seller definitely should have let that auction run. I would have been bidding on that and I suspect he could have got over $500 for it. Ouch. icon_dunce.gif

Edited by cmart604

LMAO! So wait.... sumguy accepted a $75 "BIN" when you had a larger offer in? Yet the seller didn't know how high your offer really was?

And then you schooled him on the value and proceeded to tell him you'd have gone higher than $250?

This is a tough one... was this a contest of who's the bigger douche: YOU or the SELLER? :rolling:

Just funnin' OldAtarian - although there is some irony going on here! (gotta love ePay)

Edited by save2600
  • Like 4

Side-dealers are a$$holes. You should have waited a week to warn him of the true value, that way he has NO chance of getting what it's worth. If a seller is willing to sidedeal like that deserve to get lowballed. Hopefully the game gets smashed in transit. :x

Sounds like sour grapes. Lots of anger in your post.

• Like 2

Wasn't me since my paypal account just took a $500 hit for a certain auction. icon_wink.gif

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705715145501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170571514550&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Original listing I bid on. I actually bid twice, the second time to pad my offer my little so it held up longer (and NO, I did not make the minimum bid hoping to walk away with it for $20 or I wouldn't have made my second bid.). He canceled all bids to do the side deal but the bid hadn't yet been bid up to my max. It was a 10 day listing only a few hours old so it DEFINITELY would have been bid up once a few more people saw the boxed Learning Fun II in there.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705715591291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170571559129&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Side deal sale.

I also sent a report to ebay with both listing numbers. Hopefully both buyer and seller will be receiving emails from ebay in the near future.

Edited by OldAtarian

Side-dealers are a$$holes. You should have waited a week to warn him of the true value, that way he has NO chance of getting what it's worth. If a seller is willing to sidedeal like that deserve to get lowballed. Hopefully the game gets smashed in transit. :x

I'm hoping he comes back and offers me a side deal so I can tell him what to do with it. Hope he enjoys his $75 now that he knows he could have gotten a helluva lot more just for waiting. $75 is a joke. We throw away more than $75 worth of paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, napkins) in a month in my house. That's all $75 is worth.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705715145501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170571514550&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Original listing I bid on. I actually bid twice, the second time to pad my offer my little so it held up longer (and NO, I did not make the minimum bid hoping to walk away with it for $20 or I wouldn't have made my second bid.). He canceled all bids to do the side deal but the bid hadn't yet been bid up to my max. It was a 10 day listing only a few hours old so it DEFINITELY would have been bid up once a few more people saw the boxed Learning Fun II in there.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705715591291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170571559129&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Side deal sale.

I also sent a report to ebay with both listing numbers. Hopefully both buyer and seller will be receiving emails from ebay in the near future.

If you were upset before check my edited post - There was a Learning Fun 1 CIB as well. icon_surprised.gif Wow, this guy screwed himself.

If you were upset before check my edited post - There was a Learning Fun 1 CIB as well. icon_surprised.gif Wow, this guy screwed himself.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was so pissed off about missing the LFII that I didn't bother to check what the covered up game was. So there's now at least $1000 of merchandise there that some idiot sold for $75.

Sounds like sour grapes. Lots of anger in your post.

I hate cheaters, especially the ones that cause the cost of ebay to go up for all of us. They're scum plain and simple.

In my first message to the seller I told him I would have bid as high $700, which was a bit of a bluff to make him worry (I probably would have gone as high as $400 just for the LFII boxed) but I hadn't seen the LFI boxed in there because it was concealed in the photos but I would have noticed it eventually because I'm always scrutinizing and rescrutinizing the listings I bid on and then I definitely would have bid the $700. I probably would have lost even at that, but at least I would have been making an honest offer for the games, not trying to screw the guy for every penny. I don't resell any of the good games I get. I keep them and let them appreciate. The only ones I resell are the commons I no longer have room for to free up some money for new buys. If anyone sells them, it will be my heirs because they won't be leaving me while I'm still alive. I have no desire to be a dealer in anything. I've been down that road in the past and don't want to go down it again.

Edited by OldAtarian

Well, OldAtarian, I don't often agree with your posts but in this case I side with you 100 percent and feel for you. The seller was a idiot to post those games and take the side deal on it. Even if he didn't know what the value of what he selling was, he should have let it run. Some guy got the chance to swoop in and bushwack him for cheap, and hopefully you wised the seller up before it's too late. Major idiots, both of them. I'd be pissed also if it was something I wanted.

There will be more opportunities, but if people keep "educating" others to what some of the "values" might be - you can exponentially kiss your chances of obtaining said items for reasonable. Personally, while I think it's funny to throw things back in peoples faces - it's often immature and self-defeating.

But then again - so is this hobby in general. :(

Edited by save2600
  • Like 3

Unfortunately, there is really nothing you can do. It's obvious said person, whoever they are, knew what the game was when they put in an offer and took advantage of someone who clearly didn't know what they had. Likely some guy just selling his stuff to make some extra cash before Christmas, he probably thought it was gold to get $75 for a game that sounded lame. Sure, he could have researched, but he didn't, and he decided to do with it what he wanted. eBay does not frown upon that, it's up to the seller ultimately to decide what they want to do. If he does it because he doesn't decide to research and see what's up, that's his problem. I don't agree with tricking him and side-dealing at all, but in this case the seller made their own mistake. They're pretty much bound now to send it.

• Like 1

and he decided to do with it what he wanted. eBay does not frown upon that, it's up to the seller ultimately to decide what they want to do.

Actually that's incorrect.

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

and he decided to do with it what he wanted. eBay does not frown upon that, it's up to the seller ultimately to decide what they want to do.

Actually that's incorrect.

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

It was sold on ebay though so technically no rule was broken. They still got their cut so they dont care

Precisely why I no longer use ebay. Used to be years ago that an auction would run to its end fairly and the winning bidder would get the item they bought (although you still had sniper bots that would ruin your day). But side-deals is even lower, in my opinion, that sniping bids. Almost makes me wish eBay had a policy of where once an auction officially begins it can't be cancelled or ended, and the seller is given five days to "think it over" before the item goes up on the auction block. Once begun, it must run through to its completion, and the item must be sold to the winning bidder, and then it's up to the winner and the seller to work out whatever deals after the auction ends. At least that way it would eliminate any possibility for side deals.

But this idiot just lost $925 by breaking the rules. And it'd be even more hilarious if the games arrived in a non-working condition. After all, Karma is a cold, cruel mistress indeed. icon_twisted.gif

I dunno... the point of a public auction (eBay) is to be... public. Publicly listing an item, then pulling it for a side deal, seems silly to me and somewhat immature. Of course, there are people who get off on such things, thinking they're being sneaky. I don't mind when that type of person pulls their auction and makes a side deal, because then I don't have to deal with them and whatever extra trouble might follow. After all, if I can't get packages properly packed and shipped from the majority of "honest" eBay users, why would I trust some sneaky bastard who wants to deal on the side? These people remind me of the video bootleggers that hang out at convenience stores and car washes trying to sell poorly duplicated DVDs out of the trunk of their cars... just not the type of people I want to do business with, nor to I want to help supplement their income/reward their behavior.