IGNORED

$355 for an 8 page Vectrex magazine????

MrRetroGamer

ilovethevectrex, you own this: http://www.stagesele...rt-catalog.aspx

This is the rare magazine: http://www.geekvinta...rt-magazine.php

They are different!

I can understand ilovethevectrex's confusion as both the catalog and the owner's club magazine are both called "Passport". But the catalog is only worth the paper it is printed on as one came with every system and a few of the games.

Edited by the-topdog

WAIT I WAS WRONG. i got the PASSPORT CATALOGUE and the 44%OFF BROCHURE. i was wondering if the catalogue and the 44%off brochure are still rare.i know that they came with the vectrex box, but still, wouldnt everyone just throw that stuff away? please reply!

They are pretty common, and usually you can get the two of them for between $3-$5. If someone reeeeealy wants them to make their Vextrex CIB, then I have seen a bidding war go all the way up to $10. :D

There is a set on eBay right now for just under $3 so far. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609136517901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260913651790&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] (not mine)

Edited by the-topdog

WAIT I WAS WRONG. i got the PASSPORT CATALOGUE and the 44%OFF BROCHURE. i was wondering if the catalogue and the 44%off brochure are still rare.i know that they came with the vectrex box, but still, wouldnt everyone just throw that stuff away? please reply!

They are pretty common, and usually you can get the two of them for between $3-$5. If someone reeeeealy wants them to make their Vextrex CIB, then I have seen a bidding war go all the way up to $10. :D

There is a set on eBay right now for just under $3 so far. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609136517901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260913651790&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] (not mine)

i am actually bidding on that :D but i still like it, because it is a nice edition to my vectrex collection!

i get so many things for the vectrex, even if i have doubles of it already :) my vectrex collection is my best collection in my whole gaming collection. i was wondering if you knew how rare it is to have a BOXED vectrex game. i feel so stupid to have mixed up the catalogue and the magazine :P im such an idiot at times :D

• 3 months later...

I did not know you could actually stop an active auction with the bidding started, but it was stopped.

I guess my info got back to the seller. Good for the seller :) Bad for the collector looking for a bargain :(

It is now relisted as 2 auctions.

ya its to bad they ended it! u can tell by my user name tht its my fav game console BY FAR (lol!) i would have gone for it. i saw an auction about a month (?) ago, and it had the console with a couple of games but what the owner didnt realise is that he had the light pen which is rare! it was 250 $, but i didnt want to have 2 consoles, ids rather just have 1 :P i wouldnt be able to decide which one to play! lol!

Now that he has some good pics of it posted in the new auction... it looks like a herd of llamas sat on it then used it as a pass-around napkin. I'll be suprised if it tops $175-200 for that particular copy. Tho they are extremely rare in the wild, condition means a lot too.

Edited by the-topdog

Yeah, mine (which is in amazing condition, especially compared to that one) didn't hit my reserve recently and topped out at $111.11 - so I don't know if he will get any bids, even at his opening price.

All the boxes have had their tops chopped off - no thankee!

• 11 months later...

First of all, don't you think that when video games and related items occasionally go for what seems to be outrageous prices it lends credibility to our hobby? That is to say it proves there are very serious collectors out there. Doesn't it give you just a little bit of encouragement to see video game items reaching higher prices?

Two, what seems outrageous now may seem cheap in years to come. Granted $355 for a magazine surprises me too.

Finally, perhaps magazines, boxes and manuals are truly underappreciated items.

man you are right. its 11 years in the future, and what seemed outrageous then seems cheap nowdays XD