IGNORED

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Mendon

WOW!! I am playing and loving this game. From the colorful graphic's to the accompanying music to the challenge of finding letters & puzzle pieces, this game rocks!! And there is plenty of challenge as the difficulty ramps up with each succeeding level. Yeah, I've yelled a few times when a jump fails or a cannonball hits me for the 5th time, but the game is so much fun that I get over any feeling of frustration very quickly.

This game is so good that I've been ignoring GoldenEye and haven't even busted the shrinkwrap on Epic Mickey.

Only thing I don't care for is the motion control.... sometimes the game thinks I'm shaking the Wii-mote when in fact, during the excitement of gameplay, I just moved it. This makes for some cheap deaths when I jump or roll or ground-pound when I didn't plan on doing so. (NOTE: maybe this is just my problem and no one else encounters it)

Anyone else playing? Thoughts?

Mendon

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!! I am playing and loving this game. From the colorful graphic's to the accompanying music to the challenge of finding letters & puzzle pieces, this game rocks!! And there is plenty of challenge as the difficulty ramps up with each succeeding level.... Anyone else playing? Thoughts?

Mendon

I bought it on day 1 but only in the past week have I found time to play it, but I agree with your thoughts above! Now this is what an old 2D platform game fan was waiting for! I've played up to the Caves world (world 4). The motion controls have felt quite natural so far to me, no problems. In fact, pounding the wii-mote and nunchuk up and down to make DK pound his fists is very stress relieving. :ponder:

I played this at Best Buy last weekend and found it to be pretty awesome. It doesn't seem as precise as the originals, but it's still great. I have a feeling I will be "receiving" this tomorrow as well.. We'll see. ;) :D

Edit: Yep, I got it! Sweeeet. :)

Edited by Austin

We finally played a few levels and I have to say this is one of the best video games I have ever played thus far, and that is NOT hyperbole. An incredible platformer that is equal parts fun and challenging. We shall see if this assessment sticks as time wears on.

MUST HAVE for the Wii

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only thing I don't care for is the motion control.... sometimes the game thinks I'm shaking the Wii-mote when in fact, during the excitement of gameplay, I just moved it. This makes for some cheap deaths when I jump or roll or ground-pound when I didn't plan on doing so. (NOTE: maybe this is just my problem and no one else encounters it)

Anyone else playing? Thoughts?

Mendon

I tend to roll when I don't want to roll. It's especially annoying when I roll off a cliff and die.

The game's beautiful and the music is great, team play is a blast. The hidden bits of levels are fun to discover, just like the original DKC. Everything except the control scheme is perfect. The controls though... just stupid. At least give me the OPTION of playing with non-stupid controls, please.

• Like 1