IGNORED

Thanks Voltman!

RangerG

Well, I had to echo the sentiments...Voltman is THE man. I've been trading with him for a couple years now, and he's the most generous guys out there. Also been lucky enough to shake his hand (at the 2002 CGE) and hope to meet up with him again.

On another note...I've learned his 5200 repro cart auctions have been cancelled by Ebay. I don't have a problem with him selling repros, does anyone else? :?

Voltman went out of his way to send my a test 5200 cart in the early Koffi Kopter days, as well as several 16K eproms with various binaries on them. He also has been given me tips about my fixing my 2 fried 5200's -- he also fried his system earlier in the year due to the same reason. Due to his help, that's why I listed him in Koffi's credits screen in the game right alongside TunnelRunner, Debro, Dan and Ronen.

Some have expressed negative thoughts about repros for sale on Ebay; I don't understand why. Perhaps repros could de-value actual prototypes' collector value. Not being a diehard collector, I don't know nor am I concerned about it in any way. It is just radically cool that we have the ability to buy top-quality rebuilt 5200 sticks and long-gone unreleased 5200 games for our beloved system!

8) Wow, what a bunch of cool guys-

Ranger G, Ben, Bob, Geo, Cafeman & Angus

I too can go on about the many good Atarians I've met,

here on the forums and in person !

And I hope to meet many more of you in person at CGE

Thanks for the kind words, guys. 8)

IMO- The best part of our hobby, is that it brings

people together to- "Just Have Fun" !!

As long as it stays that way - I'll be a part of it. :D

Later- Charles V3

PLAY ON !!!! All you Atari PSYCHOS :twisted: :D :D & Stay COOL !

Same here, Voltman. The best part about this hobby is not the acquisition of hard-to-get toys, but the contacts and friends you make online and in person. Some of the most generous folks I know are connected with the love of old Atari games. I met a lady on a bulletin board, looking for a 2600 and games for her handicapped son. I bundled up a system and some carts and asked some friends to scrounge together some carts. They came through like champs! The lady and her son were thrilled, and I was proud of the friends I'd met online, through Atari. Voltman is one of those friends, so's Cafeman and numerous others.

Proud to know you folks!

:thumbsup: