IGNORED

Problems with Lantronix MSS-100 TCP/IP

GTIA

The old EZWebCon utility is available here:

[ . . . ]

Unless figuring this out on your own is part of the fun...:)

FYI, this is incident # 101207-000009 in our database.

Regards,

Gary Fisher

LANTRONIX

Senior Technical Support Engineer

167 Technology Drive, Irvine, CA 92618

Phone: 800-422-7044 or 949-453-7198

Post Technical Support questions at http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ltxfaq.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Get real-time help online! Use Live Assist at http://www.lantronix.com/support/live-assist.html

Thank you very much, Gary. I might give the new DeviceInstaller a try when I get a chance.

You all at Lantronix are really coming through! Not only do you have prompt service, but you take the trouble to seek US out! Thank you.

Just a follow-up on this thread:

Does anyone here use a Lantronix MSS-100 to connect their Atari to the Internet? How about a Lantronix UDS-10?

If so, do you have it attached to a mainstream router (a Linksys, Netgear Belkin, etc.)?

Thanks!

I did use the UDS-10, but it died and I replaced it with the UDS-1100. Its been working

fine every since.

I've got mine attached to a DLink router. I assigned 192.168.0.104 to the UDS-1100, and

then had to go under the advanced options on the Dlink and enable a virtual telnet server

on port 23, to that same ip address, 192.168.0.104. I also pointed the Lantronix to the

Dlink as the gateway, at 192.168.0.1

Note all this is for *incoming* calls for my BBS. I can still ping the Lantronix from any

other comp on my LAN though.

HTHs.

I've got mine attached to a DLink router. I assigned 192.168.0.104 to the UDS-1100, and

then had to go under the advanced options on the Dlink and enable a virtual telnet server

on port 23, to that same ip address, 192.168.0.104. I also pointed the Lantronix to the

Note all this is for *incoming* calls for my BBS. I can still ping the Lantronix from any

HTHs.

Thanks. Using a virtual telnet server is worth a try...

• 1 year later...

Just a follow-up on this thread:

Does anyone here use a Lantronix MSS-100 to connect their Atari to the Internet? How about a Lantronix UDS-10?

If so, do you have it attached to a mainstream router (a Linksys, Netgear Belkin, etc.)?

Thanks!

I did use the UDS-10, but it died and I replaced it with the UDS-1100. Its been working

fine every since.

HTHs.

I just purchased a UDS-1100 for YYZ BBS! I've yet to program it and set it up.

-=[Lord Cygnus}=-

• 9 months later...

I know this topic is a little old... but..... I'm having a problem getting the MSS100 working with the BBS. Actually, I figured out the part about getting it to dial out and still accept an incoming connection (which seems to be common).... My problem is the same problem as I had with the UDS1100 (but not the UDS10). When answering a call with the BBS software, it will display a line or two only and then just stop. If I cycle the power on the MSS, it will "release" the BBS and go back to the call waiting screen. It seems to work fine if I just do a connection with term programs and it dials out just fine... It just will not output more than a few lines from the BBS software (and those lines do not appear on my terminal window on the calling side). I had exactly the same problem with the UDS1100. When I switched to a UDS10, I never had a problem with it once. I really need to get it working with the MSS100 because I'm trying to set it back up with Fidonet and I'll need to be dialing out with domain names instead of IPs (something the UDSs will not do). Anyone have any pointers?

I wish I could help there...but I've never used the 100 - I've got an 1100, which I packed back away.

It was doing some things that I never could get around, so I ended up buying some more UDS10's

and using them.

I can see your problem with the domain names though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a wiring plan for a DB25F -> DB9M modem cable to link an MSS100 to P:R: Connection? I've just tried to make one up (and I should know what I'm doing, since I studied the wiring), but I'm seeing no signs of life. One issue was that the cable I hacked up doesn't have Carrier Detect (CRX, pin 8 ) wired up at the DB25 end, so I had to jumper pins 1 and 2 at the DB9 end (DTR and CRX). Will this work?

I'm using Bobterm, anyway, to test and apart from the occasional screen full of garbage I'm not getting much. No commands get any response in terminal mode. Can't really find a definitive set of MSS100 settings here either, despite an afternoon of forum searching, and being new to this I've probably exhausted my patience for the day.

Anyone with a similar setup - I'd sure appreciate some pointers on the basics. OK - back to coding in the meantime. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

Anyone got a wiring plan for a DB25F -> DB9M modem cable to link an MSS100 to P:R: Connection? I've just tried to make one up (and I should know what I'm doing, since I studied the wiring), but I'm seeing no signs of life. One issue was that the cable I hacked up doesn't have Carrier Detect (CRX, pin 8 ) wired up at the DB25 end, so I had to jumper pins 1 and 2 at the DB9 end (DTR and CRX). Will this work?

I'm using Bobterm, anyway, to test and apart from the occasional screen full of garbage I'm not getting much. No commands get any response in terminal mode. Can't really find a definitive set of MSS100 settings here either, despite an afternoon of forum searching, and being new to this I've probably exhausted my patience for the day.

Anyone with a similar setup - I'd sure appreciate some pointers on the basics. OK - back to coding in the meantime. :)

Sorry, I don't own a lantronix terminal server (I only wish I did) but I seemed to recall someone mentioning Ataris need a null modem to connect to MSS-100 while it wasn't necessary to connect to a UDS10. So, I added "null modem" to my Google search and came up with the link below. I hope it has what you need.

http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25/~/serial-cable-wiring

-SteveS

Sorry, I don't own a lantronix terminal server (I only wish I did) but I seemed to recall someone mentioning Ataris need a null modem to connect to MSS-100 while it wasn't necessary to connect to a UDS10. So, I added "null modem" to my Google search and came up with the link below. I hope it has what you need.

http://ltxfaq.custhe...al-cable-wiring

Thanks man. I'll check this against the wiring plan I used for the cable I already built. :)

One thing: I thought I read that the P:R:C used a different RS232 pin layout than that described in the DB9->DB25 null modem cable description in the guide. It's confusing stuff!

Edited by flashjazzcat

Right... no comers with the CX87 but I built one this morning and I was still getting no serial activity across the P:R: Connection. So, thanks to Simon J. Wells' suggestion the other night, I hooked up the SIO2PC connection on the "1065" device to the MSS-100 with a DB9/DB25 adapter which just arrived through the post an hour ago. Result: I can finally log into the modem via Ice-T (using the RVERTER handler). Every character I type comes up twice, but at least we're heading in the right direction.

post-21964-0-81453500-1370609306_thumb.jpg

Ah... I just had to turn off "local echo". Logged into chat at atarinews.org:

post-21964-0-56718500-1370610468_thumb.jpg

Working perfectly now. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

Ah... I just had to turn off "local echo". Logged into chat at atarinews.org:

post-21964-0-56718500-1370610468_thumb.jpg

Working perfectly now. :)

Nice - too bad you're not in a good time zone for the Tuesday chats. They died off a little more than a year ago now - damn IRC :)

Can we get on the regular ##atari chat channel via the A8, then?

This Lantronix was 15GBP, btw. :)

Yes - I'm not at my machine, but I think you just need to telnet to slor.atari.net 400 (for ASCII) or port 800 for VT-52.

• Like 1