IGNORED

My small collection of vintage TRON goodies

save2600

One of the more humble collections in this house. Never really intended to actively pursue this stuff. Just represents all the misc. TRON things I think are cool and worthwhile (notice Maze-A-TRON and Solar Sailor are not in my collection) icon_lol.gif

post-13896-129201312274_thumb.jpg

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

I want all of these things.

actually i was thinking of getting the Tomy tron game for my son this christmas - he's a tron maniac.

I'm not familiar with the Tomy TRON game, but I bet it's cool. Even cooler getting that for Christmas :)

The soundtrack absolutely rocks. I love it. Used to have it on a remastered CD, but when I found a mint copy of it on vinyl, had to have that. It sounds soooo much better than its digital counterpart (as electronic music usually does in the analogue domain), that I literally sold off the CD while it was still worth something.

• Like 1

I want all of these things.

actually i was thinking of getting the Tomy tron game for my son this christmas - he's a tron maniac.

I'm not familiar with the Tomy TRON game, but I bet it's cool. Even cooler getting that for Christmas :)

The soundtrack absolutely rocks. I love it. Used to have it on a remastered CD, but when I found a mint copy of it on vinyl, had to have that. It sounds soooo much better than its digital counterpart (as electronic music usually does in the analogue domain), that I literally sold off the CD while it was still worth something.

Tomy Tron

i liked the tron theme. had it on a scifi themes compilation

prefered the black hole soundtrack though

• Like 2

Very cool. save2600, with your awesome game room I'm surprised you don't have the Tron machine ;)

Thanks akator, but I already sold it!

If the damn thing wasn't so desirable, I'd surely have kept it... :lol:

post-13896-129202157045_thumb.jpg

Heh heh...

Seriously, you have an awesome room and collection.

I need some advice, though...

I'm allowed to have 1 arcade cabinet. There are space issues, whatever, but I can have only one. I'm thinking one day in the next year, I will build another MAME cabinet... but that doesn't rule out arcade machines. I can't possibly narrow down my favorites to only one cabinet.

However, I really want a pinball. That is (of course) more trouble for space, maintenance, everything. Still... if I have a new great MAME cabinet and one pinball, which is basically all the space we have left, it would be amazing.

Problem is, everything around here rurally is way overpriced, so I have to pick the perfect pinball that is a reasonable price and easy to maintain. I've gone through the GameRoom mag archive, plus my "real" mags, and still have no clue what the right pinball is.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

I remember that read a long record. I had a whole bunch of those including all the Star Wars ones and I believe a Raiders one.

my kid found my read-along-records, i was planning on ebaying them, but he adopted them for his own.

I have a full set of starwars records including the abcs, shapes and colors, and the 2 non canon stories droid world and planet of the hoojibs.

• Like 1

Nice Tron stuff, though i'm going to watch the new movie today ;D

Let us know how the movie is. ;) :)

And Tomytronic Tron is awesome.........I've had one for almost 30 years and I still play for hours. :D

• Like 1

Nice collection! icon_thumbsup.gif You inspired me to take pictures of my Tron stuff. I spent almost an hour taking pictures, and despite changing the resolution before I got started, I discovered all my shots are still over a 1MB each so I can't post them. icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

I guess there's no way to reduce the resolution after the fact...icon_mrgreen.gif

Looking forward to seeing Legacy on Wednesday as my wife got tickets to a special morning screening. icon_thumbsup.gif 28 years of waiting, kinda jacked up to see this. icon_fett.gif (Jango substituting for a Tron emoticon.)

• Like 1

I guess there's no way to reduce the resolution after the fact...icon_mrgreen.gif

What? Load those puppies into your favorite paint program and resize 'em! I usually stick to 800x600 or 640x480 for the forums...

Thanks for the advice, I think I got them down to a manageable size. My Tron collection post is now up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...