IGNORED

CV Steering Wheel

SlowCoder

Does it plug into the player 1 port? I'm guessing it doesn't connect to the expansion slot at all, even though it's called an expansion.

Does it have clamps to connect to the edge of a table, or just sit on top?

Doesn't connect to the ColecoVision other than using the controller ports. Wheel connects to port #1 and hand controller to use for shifter or game select connects to port #2.

Gas pedal plugs into the front of the steering wheel housing and is basically an on/off switch in a housing.

Does it plug into the player 1 port? I'm guessing it doesn't connect to the expansion slot at all, even though it's called an expansion.

Does it have clamps to connect to the edge of a table, or just sit on top?

What Yurkie said and... yes, it just sits on a table or whatever you wish to use and it does have two suction cups on the bottom which help keep it in place.

Good info guys.

What games require the wheel? I know Turbo is one. I bought Turbo a while back, not knowing in needed the wheel. Hence the "requirement" now to buy a wheel. ;)

Also I'm looking to get a roller controller. I understand it can be used as a replacement for the standard controllers. I think Slither requires it. Other games that require it?

Good info guys.

What games require the wheel? I know Turbo is one. I bought Turbo a while back, not knowing in needed the wheel. Hence the "requirement" now to buy a wheel. ;)

Also I'm looking to get a roller controller. I understand it can be used as a replacement for the standard controllers. I think Slither requires it. Other games that require it?

Here is the ColecoVision FAQ version 4.0 I made into a .pdf There where a lot of people that I am sure spent a great deal of time putting this all together, it contains a great deal of info and should answer most questions ColecoVision related.

As far as the game and controller required, there is a chart of games starting at the bottom of page 22. Cn is for type of controller. Above the game list is a key that explains what all the abbreviations are.

I think that almost all pdf readers have the a find function and you can search for keywords to make searching easier.

colecovision_faq_4.0.pdf

Edited by Yurkie

Good info guys.

The three games that require the Driving Module are Turbo, The Dukes of Hazzard and Destructor. There are other games that can use the Driving Module as well like Pitstop (I like playing this game a lot better with the Driving Module versus the standard hand controller) and a number of Homebrews like Deflecktor Kollection by NewColeco.

The Roller Controller has a switch on it that allows one to choose how they wish to use the trakball. Leave it set to "Roller" for games that require the Roller Controller like Slither or Victory (Omega Race can use it or the standard hand controller). Flip the switch to "Joystick" and you can play any ColecoVision game that uses the hand controller for input with the Trakball... the best example of this use is with WarGames and Centipede. Once you play Centipede with the Roller Controller, you will never use the hand controller again.