IGNORED

Haunted House II Review?

slapdash

perhaps...

I can't play it offhand...but I have...and do own it...

for my creditials...check here:

http://www.emuviews.com/cgi-local/home.reviews.cgi

and also...how large do they need to be...format of the review, scoring system if any, etc...and most importantly...how quick?

8)

Um, what exactly does this review mean? 2600connection! cool! do You mean how bad was my first game? I think my combat II scores higher. It's a much nicer game too and I learned a lot from haunted house so take it easy on me! Wait till you see the next one. And people said it couldn't be done! hehe :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Crossbow -- I'm not in a big hurry any more, since I'm not going to be able to print the next issue before the new year anyway, but if you COULD do a review, that would be great. I don't do scoring, so just explain how you feel about the game. I don't have a good idea of word count, but if you've seen the newsletter, shoot for a page. I'll put in an image or two to take up room if you don't make it, so no worries there. If you can do one, just let me know via email at slapdash@enteract.com, and send it there (TXT is fine, or even better) when done.

@John -- just a review, good or bad, to give my readers -- who might want to buy one -- an idea of what they'll be getting. I'd like to cover Combat II as well (Crossbow?), but since the (very late) next issue is the Sep/Oct issue, Haunted House II would fit in as a "Halloween" themed review. I realize that's kind of sad so late after Halloween, but oh well...

I'm not having much luck with this game. Could someone tell me how to go through doors/stairs (whatever they are). All I can do is go through the open walls on the sides of the rooms. It doesn't help that the spider only gives you a couple seconds to try.

Also is anyone having problems using a materplay with this game? My homemade one wouldn't work for the down direction, had to dig up a 5200 stick from the part box.

John

Glad you guys liked it. Yes, the game seems quite hard at first until you understand how it works. Then it gets pretty easy, except finding all the treasure! :)

Have you guys tried Combat II yet? It's a LOT better than Atari's 2600 Version! It's got secret weapons and all sorts of combinations.

BTW: Did you notice how hard the ghost is on level 4 and how he makes the lightning go crazy? LOL