IGNORED

Jac!s Sillyventure Contribution

Heaven/TQA

@Sheddy

I was particularly drawn to the way the colours flow out of the logo at the top - don't know if it's really hard to do or not, but just looks really nice to me

Do you mean the cycling of the 16 greyscales? The effect is not hard, bt it's hard to make it fast enough. Actually I planned to compute it realtime during loading and optimized it own to 4-5 scanlines. It worked with normal speed, but not with SIO highspeed. Therefore during loading it becomes an animation. After loading itit computed in real-time again (because the plots need more memory) and for the split's is again an animation. It looks the same all the time, but it has 4 different implementations for each phase of the demo.

@analmux

The layout with 24 charsets is a very good idea for the split you suggest. The problem will be the time to mask in the chars along the line. Let's go and try (I'll put is on my list ;-) )

@Creature_XL

Wel all know that doing is much harder than talking. I like both things, depending on how much time I have to spend. Silly Things took me about 140-160 hours to code, I think. So for now I'm also in the phase of collecting ideas and talking again. In the the end of course the saying goes "Go and make a demo about it" ;-)

@NRV

Pease provide any info about that and about the 256-dot matrix with "depth cue"

The info that I can provide, is that I implemented it in 1993. Honestly. I'll put the executable on the NYD. The problem was that I did not have enough raster time except for a simple scroller, a very simple CMC tune and the animation of 1 point at a time. It took until this year when I found how to free >800 cycles with a better code and the VSCROL trick to stretch the logo (and save ANTIC DMA). Otherwise using MPT player (>24 raster lines) would not have been possible.

Great demo! I had totally missed it until Spookt brought it round to show me today. Great effects (so incredibly smooth, it's hard to believe I was watching an 8-bit machine), and fascinating technical explanations in this thread. icon_smile.gif

Well done.

Edited by flashjazzcat

>>> Silly Things - Fast Mix <<<

As promised I have created a fast mix of the party version.

It contains all the things I could not change before the deadline. It is the 100% version as it has even smoother effects and faster pace. The intro part sync has been reworked and the sound is now fading as it should before the loading of the main part starts. The main part with the dots effects is now much faster and smoother. The sync up to the scroller is almost identical but has more transitions. The main sync becomes faster starting with the scroller. The overall speedup is about 31 seconds and that is the maximum I could active without breaking the sync. I hope you like it.

I have put the party version, the fixed party version and the fast mix into the download archive.

You can find it all on Pouet.

post-17404-129309357513_thumb.gif

• Thanks 1

• 10 years later...