IGNORED

VCS Pac-Man and the Confederate Turd

Flojomojo

It would seem that a large part of my enjoyment of old games stems from reminiscing about my childhood.

Just started up 2600 Pac-Man for the first time in a looooong while, and the square, brown-yellow "vitamin" appeared ...

... it was like I was 12 again, and from deep in my subconcious came an urge to cry out "Quick! Eat the Confederate Turd!" Hadn't had THAT thought in a mighty long time.

(You see, it's rectangular, like a flag. Where I come from, the Rebel flag is quite offensive, which adds to the humor. Plus, it's the color of urine and feces. Can't beat that for humor value when you're twelve years old.)

Just thought I'd share.

Can't beat that for humor value when you're twelve years old.)

When yer TWELVE? Screw that, this was about the funniest thing I've heard in a while and I'm 27! Hysterical. I'll never play Pac-man the same way again! Very funny. :D :D :D :D :D :D

The thread is fine, a very funny comment about one of the crummiest game's on the VCS, does not need to be locked :-)

It is the responsibility of the poster to lock himself/herself before voicing an opinion on a controvercial topic, not even directly related to this thread... If everyone keeps a cool head, and drops the racial issue introduced in this thread, I see no reason to even consider locking it...

I myself used to call the big flashes on the screen during Yar's Revenge "The Epileptic Candycane" but that's just me. :)
Not anymore. I like that one.

Speaking of epilepsy, I don't understand how I could sit and play VCS Defender for hours at a time. I wonder if that one induced any seizures? Flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker zap zap zap.

The thread is fine, a very funny comment about one of the crummiest game's on the VCS, does not need to be locked :-)

Sometimes even the good ones can be made fun of too, like the duck-looking dragons on Adventure, and when I was introducing a friend of mine to a certain game called Pitfall, I was showing him how to jump across the alligators...er, crocodiles, I forget which...so he called them "crocigators" right then and there.

And I STILL call them that, 20 years later! :)