IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I got an offer to have a BIN added about 10 minutes after it listed, and it was then that I noticed that the other versions of this game available are all of the World Series Baseball type box/manual. I had no plans for BIN's on these auctions so will just let them run their course.

The world series version looks to have overlays. I mean to say that I've seen overlays around the internet but I am not sure if someone made them or if the game shipped with them.

Not surprising. It's a title that will be in demand. I was interested in it, but the high bid is probably already out of bounds for me. Whomever has the high bid on this as of right now also has high bid on nearly all the better stuff you've listed. :(

I got an offer to have a BIN added about 10 minutes after it listed, and it was then that I noticed that the other versions of this game available are all of the World Series Baseball type box/manual. I had no plans for BIN's on these auctions so will just let them run their course.

The world series version looks to have overlays. I mean to say that I've seen overlays around the internet but I am not sure if someone made them or if the game shipped with them.

Why didn't you take my offer? JK, lol.....

Those are some mighty fine looking auctions ... you should be able to fund your Christmas shopping! :)

I just checked my copy -- Super Series BLB does originally come with overlays. However, the overlays are identical to those packaged with World Series MLB. I.I. didn't even bother to mask the Mattel copyright on the overlays. So you could win this auction and buy the WSMLB overlays at a much cheaper price and have a CIB.

My two cents ... SSBLB is in the upper-tier of rare Intellivision games. Over the past couple of years, I've seen fewer SSBLB on eBay than any other title. If it weren't a variant, I don't see how it could be any less valuable than SMB, LF1, and LF2. It is way more rare than your Congo Bongos and Tutankhams. But because it doesn't "count" toward the 125, it won't be in as high demand. All that said, given the condition of the box, I'll say $400-$450. But bid $600 if you really want it. ;)

Any guesses on how much this French-Can version of LV Roulette with the sleeve will go for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/201002180401?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I'd really like to get this but I might be priced out by a certain hord... I mean collector.

Yeah, I'm seriously bummed about how high it's gone already.

Did other games get a similar sleeve treatment? What's the story on these?

Another flag I should list on the database. On the main Mattel page, I have this list, to which I must now add Roulette.
  • ABPA Backgammon
  • Auto Racing
  • Horse Racing
  • Las Vegas Roulette
  • Major League Baseball
  • Math Fun
  • NASL Soccer
  • NHL Hockey
  • PGA Golf
  • Space Battle
  • U.S. Ski Team Skiing
I'm missing several of these. Around 10-12 years ago these were popping up once in awhile and I started writing them down. Usually in big lots of stuff I already didn't want and / or was just getting burned out on the effort and expense. The latter is really taking a lot of fun out of this now. :(

My pet theory is that Mattel wanted to rush the games into as many markets as possible. In Quebec, I thought there was some law requiring French labelling on products. So, the theory goes, since Mattel didn't have the dual-language boxes printed yet, but could turn around these simple sleeves quickly, they packed a French manual in the box and wrapped the box with the sleeve to meet the packaging requirements.

But, it's all speculation. It's fun to do that. :D

Edited by intvsteve

Any thoughts on why this Intellivision boxed system + 25 games is going for almost $200? :? http://www.ebay.com/itm/360810326104?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I know the box is in great shape but it doesn't even include the inserts. The games are also for the most part common, nothing out of the ordinary. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Any thoughts on why this Intellivision boxed system + 25 games is going for almost $200? :? http://www.ebay.com/itm/360810326104?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I know the box is in great shape but it doesn't even include the inserts. The games are also for the most part common, nothing out of the ordinary. Inquiring minds want to know!!

I'd expect to see this one relisted. Looks like the shill bidder got caught holding the bag. Unless the poor guy who bid $192 accepts a second chance offer. Good seller to block.