IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

OK, it should be against Ebay policy to use stock photos when selling anything. I'm shocked at how many sellers are doing this - especially when their descriptions invariably say "box has some damage". Great, sure would be nice to see what it looks like, asshat.

... and it actually IS against to re-use other seller's photos of their actual items. eBay provides forms to report this. However, even in the case where a seller is clearly violating the rules, eBay is unwilling to enforce them.

The point being is that even if eBay made the use of ordinary stock photos against the rules, eBay wouldn't bother enforcing it.

Which city you in? I have one non-working unit (power issue I think) and might be able to set you up with a working console if you're willing to wait (work's nuts at the moment And all year for that matter :mad:

and I think I have another (non-inty) console I have to find and send on. Also have a large number of duplicate commons.

Im in perth bro. You? Anything you could do would be bloody awesome.

I was bidding on it, but backed off. I already have loose Sylvania consoles and the rest (box/manual) was in poor condition. Would rather pay more for a better one and not have to upgrade later. That box looked water damaged.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Can't believe I missed that, been looking for a Manual forever. I might have paid $50 for the manual. LOL

If I had seen it, I WOULD have paid $50 for the manual. I still need the manual and an still on the hunt. You and I will have to go head to head if we see another.

I watched this auction to the end and really wanted to bid to get that Manual but backed off at the last minute... just couldn't justify it right now.

Anyone considering a sealed I.I. Treasure of Tarmin...a word of caution.

1. It's from Venezuela

2. " * Brand new. Item will be opened prior to shipping, and shipping will include everything in box."

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2616272198701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261627219870&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Anyone considering a sealed I.I. Treasure of Tarmin...a word of caution.

1. It's from Venezuela

2. " * Brand new. Item will be opened prior to shipping, and shipping will include everything in box."

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2616272198701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261627219870&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I guess that's their way to avoid more ripped games. I wouldn't buy anything from Venezuela anymore.

I guess that's their way to avoid more ripped games. I wouldn't buy anything from Venezuela anymore.

Yeah, it's sad all sealed games from Venezuela are carelessly opened by the customs looking for drugs (I was so pissed off last year when I received a couple of rare carts that were supposed to be sealed and mint all unwrapped and cut open...).

Opening it first may make them look less suspicious and suffer less damage, unless the officer on duty finds out that the box was actually still sealed since the 1980s and was just opened prior to shipping to add who knows what! That would look so suspicious that they would likely tear the box and game completely apart to inspect it! :grin: :mad: