IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Yeah, bet he's wondering why no one is calling or emailing him back right now, lol.

On another note, I'm interested in buying an item in Lancashire, UK on eBay and the seller doesn't deal with/ship to the USA. In fact, the seller won't even reply to my enquiries :_(

If someone on the forum could help me out by buying it and forwarding it to me I'd certainly appreciate it, and be willing to pay for the inconvenience!

PM me if you can help and we'll go from there, and thanks in advance!

Worm Whomper!? Did somebody say Worm Whomper? :)

I just picked up my second NIB - This one was Sealed. I think I'm down to 4 two new and two kinda "minty". Would trade a minty for a Sealed Popeye. I have all the other Parker Brothers sealed….sigh.

I don't need too many of anything, just one of everything. Been a good couple of months for me picking up a bunch of sealed games. 2 Shrink-Wrapped Tron Solar Sailers, 3 Shrink-wrapped Gatefold Burger Times, A Shrink-wrapped white International Gatefold Burger Time, A Sealed U.S. Venture, a shrink-wrapped Jetsons. A shrink-wrapped Kool-Aid Man, A shrink-wrapped Whom Whomper, a NIB Dig Dug, got a Shrink-wrapped Sears Poker/Blackjack, Shrink-wraped Happy Trails, a shrink-wrapped Tropical Trouble and a more International Mattel Games. Doing pretty well. Got to count out how many I have now of the sealed games. I think for the U.S. when you take away the INTV and Coleco Games there are like a total of 96 of the 125 ever shrink-wrapped in the US. The CBS/Coleco were sealed overseas. I have all of those. So I count them as sealed 125. :-)

I don't need too many of anything, just one of everything. Been a good couple of months for me picking up a bunch of sealed games. 2 Shrink-Wrapped Tron Solar Sailers, 3 Shrink-wrapped Gatefold Burger Times, A Shrink-wrapped white International Gatefold Burger Time, A Sealed U.S. Venture, a shrink-wrapped Jetsons. A shrink-wrapped Kool-Aid Man, A shrink-wrapped Whom Whomper, a NIB Dig Dug, got a Shrink-wrapped Sears Poker/Blackjack, Shrink-wraped Happy Trails, a shrink-wrapped Tropical Trouble and a more International Mattel Games. Doing pretty well. Got to count out how many I have now of the sealed games. I think for the U.S. when you take away the INTV and Coleco Games there are like a total of 96 of the 125 ever shrink-wrapped in the US. The CBS/Coleco were sealed overseas. I have all of those. So I count them as sealed 125. :-)

Lots of good scores there, congrats!

I say this with peace and love and as someone who has traveled and worked in Canada extensively. Canada's postal system is among the worst in the world. I have literally shipped items to and from Europe and Asia in half the time it takes for something to go from California to Vancouver or Toronto. I've had more items lost and damaged in Canadian postal hands than any other country in the world. Honestly, I don't know what it is, but I have many friends who live in Canada and they report similar experiences. Canada is an amazing country in many ways, but it has a terrible postal system.

france has destroyed every single package i have ever shipped. I have shipped to turkey, pakistan, brazil, mexico city in mexico, thailand and many "third world" countries without a single problem. I dont ship ups either cause they have smashed everything i have shipped.

I find everyone's shipping anecdotes contradictory and extreme. I think I've had one package that I've sent damaged enough to notice in my entire life, and received maybe a small handful. Every single time has come down to insufficient packaging.

I also have nothing but success with USPS and Canada Post, but boy howdy do some people insist that the government option is just about the worst thing in the world. At least Canada Post will actually attempt to come to my house, and allow me to pick it up within a couple miles of me, and after work to boot. The private services all, without exception, require you to pick up in industrial areas 20 miles from where anyone lives, and strictly during business hours. And they repeatedly lie about delivery attempts (learned this one when I spent a year working from home).

As for lost items, I think it's like airlines and luggage. I fly 10-12 times a year, always with checked luggage, and have never lost a bag. Yet to hear some people tell it, 50% of baggage goes missing. I think some people only know whiners in Canada or something, because my experiences are the polar opposite of what they describe.

I find everyone's shipping anecdotes contradictory and extreme. I think I've had one package that I've sent damaged enough to notice in my entire life, and received maybe a small handful. Every single time has come down to insufficient packaging.

I also have nothing but success with USPS and Canada Post, but boy howdy do some people insist that the government option is just about the worst thing in the world. At least Canada Post will actually attempt to come to my house, and allow me to pick it up within a couple miles of me, and after work to boot. The private services all, without exception, require you to pick up in industrial areas 20 miles from where anyone lives, and strictly during business hours. And they repeatedly lie about delivery attempts (learned this one when I spent a year working from home).

As for lost items, I think it's like airlines and luggage. I fly 10-12 times a year, always with checked luggage, and have never lost a bag. Yet to hear some people tell it, 50% of baggage goes missing. I think some people only know whiners in Canada or something, because my experiences are the polar opposite of what they describe.

usps and canada post has been great for me. Ups however has smashed everything. I shipped 2 laseractive players through ups with 1foot of foam peanuts on every side. They destroyed both of them. One of them was about 3" tall when it arrived. Even if i shipped it with no packing how can you smash a steel frame steel cased laseractive player from about 8" to about 3"?? I ordered a 6.1 surround sound from bestbuy online. It was shipped in its original box which had lots of formed solid styrofoam the box arrived from ups with one side torn at both ends all the way down and the subwoofer which was made of wood was smashed. I have had tons of other pacages arrive to me smashed. Even all my small packages with xbox and playstation lasers. Ive even seen them hurl my boxes at my house. I do however enjoy fed ex and usps. No problems with either of them. Fed ex from canada to me is super fast. Faster than the us mail shipping from a state next to mine.

Lol! This is pretty much the same experience I've had and I've literally ordered thousands of items over the last decade and a half. I find the USPS/Canada Post option to be the best by far, and I usually don't have to pay customs like I do 100% of the time with UPS and FedEx.

Things are worth what people pay. I've overpaid for a few things I needed and grossly underpaid for some too. Hobbies are funny that way. Right now it is mostly self-sustaining.

Agreed. I've tragically overpaid for things I "must" have (and probably quite a few things I kind of wanted to have at best) :)

Super Cobra just strikes me as something that appears regularly enough that somewhere between $100-125 should be quite doable without much effort. I'm pretty sure I have an extra or two I could let go at the super discounted price of say....$179.99? :)