IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Me again. I want to get the original Intellivision new in box. I saw one that just sold for $208. Wasn't sure if I should have bid. It was new but open. Look in pretty good cionditon inside and decent box. I saw the Intellivision 2 unoped unit sold for $100-150 not too long ago. I am sure the original is worth more tough.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Mattel-Intellivision-Brown-Console-Model-2609-New-Box-/271723178710

How much should I pay for that and is there still new unopened that show up on ebay sometimes?

Edited by MTLGUY

Unopened shows up from time to time, but that's a risky game. It would be easy to reglue a box and call it 'new' or 'sealed'. A collector might simply trust the seller and be too afraid to check by opening it for fear of decreasing the value. However, I personally feel that the uncertainty hurts the value. Your best bet is to go with an opened box, but with a still sealed-in-plastic console. Even those range $100-350, but at least you know what you're getting. Just my opinion, though. It depends on your reason for wanting a 'new' one. To collect/display? To play a new, unadulterated and/or reliable console? As an investment?

I may someday pay a slight upcharge for a sealed console in an open box. I'd keep it sealed as long as I could, but one day (probably after my primary console craps out) I'd open it (probably on Christmas) and enjoy the newness :)

• Like 2

Learning Fun II box... unfolded... starting big at $1750.

I have no idea on the authenticity of this item but it does not have repro-box stamp on the bottom tabs. The seller says that it was from a release party back in the day. The description mentions that the cart is included, but it isn't in the photo.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1615565023851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161556502385&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have no idea on the authenticity of this item but it does not have repro-box stamp on the bottom tabs. The seller says that it was from a release party back in the day. The description mentions that the cart is included, but it isn't in the photo.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1615565023851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161556502385&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow. I'd be suspicious at something that nice being original. That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the box repros. I never know what to trust now.

Unless it's either Photoshopped or some undocumented homebrew, I'd say it's original. The LF2 box from Oliver has an indicator on the tab, which is absent from the one in the pic.

Ugh. That's ridiculous even if it's legitimate. I'm looking on my iPhone so I can't see it really well but even if it is the real deal, it's just a really nice box that, as Jason said, is likely worth buying to upgrade an existing one or make a cart and manual CIB. Good luck to the seller. I won't be bidding at anywhere near those prices.

That Learning Fun II box does not look like it has ever been anything but flat...meaning it does not look like it once held a game and was later flattened out. It looks brand new and entirely unused, which just does not add up for me. Even the flaps on the top and bottom look like they have never been folded over to close the box. I know he says that in the posting, but why would you have a release party and not put the cart in the box? That simply does not make sense. You are going to hand out games to people to celebrate the release and you give them flat boxes...yeah right. Plus the box appears greenish to me when it should be blue...like a sky blue, not a sea green. Even if it is legit, and I don't think it is, that price is even more ridiculous than the release party story.

Welcome to the world of happiestsellerever! He's been buying and marking up things on the atari side for a while now. I notice he's branching into the intellivision world now. Last I saw he was bidding on a nice boxed Jetsons. If he gets it you can expect it to get posted for at least 400-500 bucks. I never see him sell anything, just place items out there for massive prices.

Just checking a moment ago, there are 4 Jetsons on eBay at the moment. He's selling 3 of them (for over 100 each with no box) and he has the high bid for the fourth (CIB).

Edited by Atari_Bill

Atari_Bill, on 12 Jan 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:Atari_Bill, on 12 Jan 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

Welcome to the world of happiestsellerever! He's been buying and marking up things on the atari side for a while now. I notice he's branching into the intellivision world now. Last I saw he was bidding on a nice boxed Jetsons. If he gets it you can expect it to get posted for at least 400-500 bucks. I never see him sell anything, just place items out there for massive prices.

Just checking a moment ago, there are 4 Jetsons on eBay at the moment. He's selling 3 of them (for over 100 each with no box) and he has the high bid for the fourth (CIB).

Unfortunately happiest does sell alot of stuff, mostly cheap items but a few high priced.

someone bought this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONG-1975-Magnavox-Odyssey-200-Video-Game-System-VGA-Graded-New-90-MT-GOLD-/301244714122

Edited by roadrunner

Oh that guy. I recognize those pictures. He is the Odyssey horder. There has been plenty of stories of him over the years. But he changed his name. It was robotkingnes before.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-Consoles-/1249/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=happiestsellerever%21&_sop=16

Edited by IntellivisionDude

Oh that guy. I recognize those pictures. He is the Odyssey horder. There has been plenty of stories of him over the years. But he changed his name. It was robotkingnes before.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-Consoles-/1249/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=happiestsellerever%21&_sop=16

No, RobotkingNES is still around. I still see him peddling Odyssey stuff. This is a newer hoarder. One that hoards Atari, Intellivision, Odyssey, and Aquarius that I know of.

No, RobotkingNES is still around. I still see him peddling Odyssey stuff. This is a newer hoarder. One that hoards Atari, Intellivision, Odyssey, and Aquarius that I know of.

Ah, i see you are correct. I was mistaking one of his auction pictures for one of Robotkingnes. After looking again i see i was wrong.

I sure hope he isn't buying up all the Jetson's. That is a game i still don't have complete. I could not afford it when it was just a $100 complete game. Now it's looking bleaker. I remember Voltron would say how rare he thought it was since it rarely shows up.

Ah, i see you are correct. I was mistaking one of his auction pictures for one of Robotkingnes. After looking again i see i was wrong.

I sure hope he isn't buying up all the Jetson's. That is a game i still don't have complete. I could not afford it when it was just a $100 complete game. Now it's looking bleaker. I remember Voltron would say how rare he thought it was since it rarely shows up.

I'd say it's still a $100 game (maybe $120). Sealed ones climb $200-300+.

I sure hope he isn't buying up all the Jetson's.

What these idiot hoarders don't realize is that these items, while uncommon and worth more than a cup of coffee, aren't exactly "rare" in the true sense of the word.

The "rarest" INTV cart was produced in the thousands (likely low tens of thousands). There are a LOT of copies of the Jetsons game out there. Hell, half the people here, which is a rather large chunk of the serious collecting community, already own several copies each. Buying a handful doesn't really change the value all that much, in the grand scheme of things. You'd have to already be a millionaire to afford enough copies to significantly alter the price of mass-produced consumer product.