IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Whenever i put a best offer button on my auctions almost nobody ever uses it and never sends me offers. And when they do they low ball me to death. And i count the amount of times i have put in best offers on auctions and they aren't willing to go any lower than $1 off. One time the counter offer was less than a $1. Like come on. lol

i dont ever make a best offer. I never know if they have a preset offer minimum and i hate waiting for them to accept, counter or decline which can take days to get back to you. And i have never been notified that they declined. So instead of risking losing the item i just pay the full amount.
  • Like 1

As a buyer and a seller, the Make An Offer feature has worked for me and other times it has not. Usually when it hasn't, the seller already had an unrealistically high price for the item that no one would ever pay. A few times, the seller had their accept price only a few dollars from the full price (at which point, why are they bothering). However, it has also sometimes worked for me.

As a buyer, using Make An Offer is always a calculated risk. If your offer is in the "seller manually reviews the offer" zone, then another buyer might come in buy it instantly in the "automatically accept offer" zone (or just pay full price).

He had numerous Intellivision items that he had been relisting while lowering the price each cycle, but in his most recent relistings he jacked the prices back up well over the original asking price....which was way to high.

Didn't sell at $50

Didn't sell at $35

Relist at $65

Actual value $10

Near identical Flashback set $0.30

Hey. Need help figuring out what to do. I bough this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141524229739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Now everything I bough on ebay for Intellivision so far as been pretty much waht the descrition said. I read the Detailed Item info, which said:

Detailed item info
Product Information SEALED Advanced Dungeons Dragons TREASURE OF TARMIN Mattel Intellivision game exceptions: brand new unopened game, with a tiny 2 in. tear on the seam of the shrinkwrap plastic. caused from moving this new game around. The box has a slight ripple effect on the cardboard box and There is a few brown spects and two teany 3/8 of an inch holes on the plastic wrap. remember this new game sat around for 30 years! So of course it's not going to look brand new, it's unopened and still sealed.

Now this reads like he wrote the description. It is a lot of detailed info and does not looks like a general description right? Now I am pretty sure that when I bid, the condition said New as that is what I was looking for and that underneath all that detailed text the phrase saying "This item is not sealed. It includes the game and the box, nothing else" wasn't there.

Now I received it today and it was wrapped in saran wrap plastic paper, box is all used up and of course nothing else than the game.

So my questions are:

1- Is there any way to see if anything was modified on the item after it was put up and if so, what was changed.

2- Let's say I missed those conflicting information, isn't the paragraph long detailed description of the item more or at least as important to be the thruth about the item description?

3- What can and should I do.

I did write him and he responded that he wrote that phrase at the end.

I was looking for a new Mattel version of the game. Yes it is Mattel, but not new and I would not have paid $35USD (like $45 Canadian these days) for that.

What do you guys think?

Hey. Need help figuring out what to do. I bough this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141524229739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Now everything I bough on ebay for Intellivision so far as been pretty much waht the descrition said. I read the Detailed Item info, which said:

Detailed item info
Product Information SEALED Advanced Dungeons Dragons TREASURE OF TARMIN Mattel Intellivision game exceptions: brand new unopened game, with a tiny 2 in. tear on the seam of the shrinkwrap plastic. caused from moving this new game around. The box has a slight ripple effect on the cardboard box and There is a few brown spects and two teany 3/8 of an inch holes on the plastic wrap. remember this new game sat around for 30 years! So of course it's not going to look brand new, it's unopened and still sealed.

Now this reads like he wrote the description. It is a lot of detailed info and does not looks like a general description right? Now I am pretty sure that when I bid, the condition said New as that is what I was looking for and that underneath all that detailed text the phrase saying "This item is not sealed. It includes the game and the box, nothing else" wasn't there.

Now I received it today and it was wrapped in saran wrap plastic paper, box is all used up and of course nothing else than the game.

So my questions are:

1- Is there any way to see if anything was modified on the item after it was put up and if so, what was changed.

2- Let's say I missed those conflicting information, isn't the paragraph long detailed description of the item more or at least as important to be the thruth about the item description?

I was looking for a new Mattel version of the game. Yes it is Mattel, but not new and I would not have paid $35USD (like $45 Canadian these days) for that.

What do you guys think?

So there is conflicting information on the listing. Like you said, it says that it's sealed, but there is also a note at the bottom saying "This item is not sealed. It includes the game and the box, nothing else". Realistically, it's the buyer's responsibility to thoroughly read the entire description. You can argue the case if the item is not as described, but I'm not sure how this would qualify. It's says both "sealed" and "unsealed". You probably have a case for filing a claim for a return/refund, but you will likely get stuck paying to ship it back, which is probably not worth it. Your best bet is to communicate with the seller and work something out. You could send it back and probably get stuck paying return shipping, or you might be able to get a small refund from the seller since it was kinda described ambiguously. More seasoned eBay sellers here may have more advice (I'm pretty much just a buyer).

You might just have to eat this one and learn from it. For future reference....Carefully read the entire listing before bidding. Ask questions before the auction ends. Try to avoid auctions with stock photos. Using stock photos is just lazy and unprofessional. Good luck!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Detailed item info

So my questions are:

What do you guys think?

As a seller, when you are setting up a listing there is an option to type in the item's name or UPC code to see if eBay already has the item in its database which you can then use for the Product Description section (so you don't have to type everything in yourself). Usually multiple choices come up, which are prior auctions. It looks like that seller found a description already available, chose it, and then made whatever changes he thought appropriate in his own description. Once a bid is placed, the ability to edit becomes limited so he would not have been able to add that line in after the fact.

Stock descriptions and photos are, in my opinion, 100% the responsibility of the seller. What he's done is FRAUD in any other context, and should be nailed to the wall for this.

I know some people here will sorta defend this with "as a buyer, I don't always have the time to check everything out" but in my opinion that's bullshit. It's up to a seller to accurately and correctly describe a product. What you have here is the equivalent of:

"BRAND NEW CHEVY CORVETTE! Only $2,999!!!" and in very small print at the bottom "actually it's a 1972 Chevy Nova, $2,999, sucker!".

I don't know all of the recourse available here but plain and simple, the guy described something entirely different than he sold. He should be fully responsible to refund every last penny, along with some pretty negative feedback for being a jackass.

Detailed item info

So my questions are:

What do you guys think?

This is a mistake on eBay's UPC code for this particular game. Someone added their personal description into the automated description area and now it's stuck there.

I've bought this game a few times and the added description is in every auction. I'm sure most sellers, (especially those that use stock photos) don't even notice it's there-

You'll have to go through eBay's resolution system to try to return the item for not being what's in the description, and point out to the powers that be that their UPC description is partly to blame. Maybe they'll find in your favor, maybe not...

I've got an extra sealed Mattel one you can buy if/when you get your issue with this one taken care of :)

• Like 1

Stock descriptions and photos are, in my opinion, 100% the responsibility of the seller. What he's done is FRAUD in any other context, and should be nailed to the wall for this.

I know some people here will sorta defend this with "as a buyer, I don't always have the time to check everything out" but in my opinion that's bullshit. It's up to a seller to accurately and correctly describe a product. What you have here is the equivalent of:

"BRAND NEW CHEVY CORVETTE! Only $2,999!!!" and in very small print at the bottom "actually it's a 1972 Chevy Nova, $2,999, sucker!".

I don't know all of the recourse available here but plain and simple, the guy described something entirely different than he sold. He should be fully responsible to refund every last penny, along with some pretty negative feedback for being a jackass.

... and this is why I NEVER use the UPC-based stock text on eBay as a seller. When you enter that UPC, the text it gives often wrong or misleading and even when it is correct it sometimes talks about how lousy the product is (gee, I thought I was trying to sell something here). Worse is that eBay (and Turbo Lister) constantly pesters you to use the stock text. As a buyer, I completely ignore the stock text.

Just say no.

This is a mistake on eBay's UPC code for this particular game. Someone added their personal description into the automated description area and now it's stuck there.

I've bought this game a few times and the added description is in every auction. I'm sure most sellers, (especially those that use stock photos) don't even notice it's there-

You'll have to go through eBay's resolution system to try to return the item for not being what's in the description, and point out to the powers that be that their UPC description is partly to blame. Maybe they'll find in your favor, maybe not...

I've got an extra sealed Mattel one you can buy if/when you get your issue with this one taken care of :)

Well after her responded no basically to my return ebay thing I told him The description was way too misleading and I did not want to continue trying to convince him and I would simple continue the ebay process. He decided to refund me completely and paid for the return also. Not sure where is the RMA tough..

Thanks for all your answers. Certifiable I will probably take you on that offer, let me know how we proceed. :)