IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I made a half hearted attempt at this shortly before the end but just short of you apparently. I had planned to go well above that to get this, but a Channel F item came along that I've been after forever and I spent on that instead. Congrats.

My CIB Triple Challenge just arrived, and man, am I pleased! :-D

Edited by Eric7100
  • Like 1

Congrats. Hoping to find a reasonable priced box someday.

My Trips cart and manual are housed in one of the reproductions by these folks: http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/boxes/boxes.php

VERY high quality and professional looking. I know this doesn't count for proper complete in box collecting but you won't find a better way to store and protect your game and materials. I make my own boxes for all of my loose carts just for that reason but the quality of the ones from the site linked above are as good as the originals from the 80's. I've always been jealous of them :)

• Like 1

My Trips cart and manual are housed in one of the reproductions by these folks: http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/boxes/boxes.php

VERY high quality and professional looking. I know this doesn't count for proper complete in box collecting but you won't find a better way to store and protect your game and materials. I make my own boxes for all of my loose carts just for that reason but the quality of the ones from the site linked above are as good as the originals from the 80's. I've always been jealous of them :)

You're right that the repro boxes made today are very well done, but I just can't bring myself to use one in my collection. I'd rather have a ratty torn original than a fresh clean repro. Something about the OCD in me I guess.

• Like 3

Crazy clones was not really a game. I think it was someone's training exercise at Mattel. It was officially released as a "demo" by Intellivision Productions in 1998 on their Intellivision Lives CD. Anyone with a colour laser printer can make overlays; the protective backing is the tricky part.

Well, I got these in a batch of stuff I bought from Roger Matthews, aka Psycho Stormtrooper

You're right that the repro boxes made today are very well done, but I just can't bring myself to use one in my collection. I'd rather have a ratty torn original than a fresh clean repro. Something about the OCD in me I guess.

I feel the same way, however I made exceptions for Learning Fun II and Spiker. I have a LF2 cart, but I own no original Spiker components. I have nice repros for both manuals.

• Like 1

I feel the same way, however I made exceptions for Learning Fun II and Spiker. I have a LF2 cart, but I own no original Spiker components. I have nice repros for both manuals.

Amen to that! Damn those 2 games and their real boxes!!

I agree in strict collection terms. I don't consider any game to be CIB if it uses a reproduction part. But I like to protect my rare loose carts and manuals and you can't beat a reproduction box for storage. Once I acquire all the real boxes I plan to sell off the repros. You can get an easy $8-10 bucks for one on eBay and put that towards something else. They serve as a stopgap for me until the real deal is found.

• Like 1

I have just acquired what I believe is the variant Intellivision Mr. Basic Meets Bits N Bytes...sealed...Made in singapore...cannot find any sealed like it...the ones listed on Ebay are the Mattel ones...can anyone tell me anything about this...i found on one website that it is rated ER1...any idea of the value? Any info will help...thanks!