IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Well this is a good one

4.00 bin

with a 162.36 usd to ship to Canada....

lol

Someone missed to purge this guy.. ;) lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mattel-Intellivision-Poker-Blackjack-2611-Video-Arcade-Game-1980/263403644830?hash=item3d5414a79e:g:RrQAAOSw5dlaQMZu

It's even showing $17 to ship to me and I think that's pretty high.

• Like 1

ROFL.

Some variation is expected, and sure, region-to-region does show some surprising differences - but there's no way in hell that any 2 places in the continental US vary by $100+ for the same small item to the same location. And when someone in the US can mail me a large 10lb package for $16, there's just no way that USPS charges someone else $30 to send me 1lb.

Ebay sellers set the shipping price, and a LOT of them add ridiculous "handling fees" - everyone knows this. I can't believe this is even an argument. Hell, I've gone straight to the USPS calculator dozens of times, and it's almost never even close to the seller's quoted price (I don't bother checking when the shipping rate seems reasonable).

It also doesn't help that lazy sellers seem to somehow pick the most expensive option, when they DO use actual USPS rates. I don't need 2 day express delivery on my Intellivision games, thanks :) A flat rate up to 4 lbs box to Canada is currently $24.95 from ANY US zip code (and there are cheaper options, given 30 seconds of research). So, yeah. CIB games costing more than that are people gouging, end of discussion.

• Like 2

ROFL.

Some variation is expected, and sure, region-to-region does show some surprising differences - but there's no way in hell that any 2 places in the continental US vary by $100+ for the same small item to the same location. And when someone in the US can mail me a large 10lb package for $16, there's just no way that USPS charges someone else $30 to send me 1lb.

Ebay sellers set the shipping price, and a LOT of them add ridiculous "handling fees" - everyone knows this. I can't believe this is even an argument. Hell, I've gone straight to the USPS calculator dozens of times, and it's almost never even close to the seller's quoted price (I don't bother checking when the shipping rate seems reasonable).

It also doesn't help that lazy sellers seem to somehow pick the most expensive option, when they DO use actual USPS rates. I don't need 2 day express delivery on my Intellivision games, thanks :) A flat rate up to 4 lbs box to Canada is currently $24.95 from ANY US zip code (and there are cheaper options, given 30 seconds of research). So, yeah. CIB games costing more than that are people gouging, end of discussion.

Its just certain people trying to justify shady and greedy actions that keep going on around certain auctions sights and forums.

Instead of saying just how it is, It happens a lot around here. lol

Cheers

Edited by m-crew

ROFL.

Another voice of reason...

Some sellers are lazy and greedy. Some buyers are whiny even when other sellers set prices based on actual costs. That's just how it is.

It is what it is, but why deflect the issue we are talking about.

It has nothing to do with greedy and lazy sellers... lol :P

Edited by m-crew

It's not deflection. It is the topic being discussed. You just complimented Freewheel for saying so and have posted earlier as well.

Its a vicious circle all around. But you are right, it is the other side of it that's for sure..

edit: my quote before was just J/K around.. lol sorry if it sounded otherwise..

Cheers..

Edited by m-crew

Hmmm...

If someone asks a price and no one buys their item then all is fair. It is also true that if someone sets a price and someone buys their item then all is fair. The agreed-to price is between the seller and the buyer. What is too high for one person may be perfectly acceptable for the next person, etc. That is how a free market works. Also, being aware of shipping costs before buying something is an important part of the transaction to take into account since it is part of the total transaction. Too high, don't buy. I guess I do not understand what all of the fuss is about since I always look at the costs of the item and the shipping before committing to buy something. Are there people that do not?

Are some shipping costs too high? Again, that is between the seller and the buyer as part of their agreed-to transaction. I've asked sellers about shipping costs that I believed were too high and most often they are surprised that Ebay has automatically calculated such a high price to ship their item to me and they have made changes to address the issue or worked with me to combine items, etc. But it is all agreed to and done before I commit to buy an item. If you ask a seller about an exorbitant shipping price they may be surprised about those shipping charges, too. But no buyer should be "surprised" by the shipping costs since they are available before purchasing.

Peace

• Like 2

No one's "surprised" by it, it's there in black and white.

I guess you have to live outside the USA to understand. It's seriously frustrating to be unable to bid on 3/4 of Ebay because the shipping to your literal next-door neighbour is 3x what it actually costs the seller. And sellers miss out on my bids as a result. There are plenty of auctions that I'd gladly have bid higher than the final winning bid, if not for the insane shipping cost.

But guess trying to improve things for everyone is a bad thing, so I'll drop this.

• Like 1

No one's "surprised" by it, it's there in black and white.

I guess you have to live outside the USA to understand. It's seriously frustrating to be unable to bid on 3/4 of Ebay because the shipping to your literal next-door neighbour is 3x what it actually costs the seller. And sellers miss out on my bids as a result. There are plenty of auctions that I'd gladly have bid higher than the final winning bid, if not for the insane shipping cost.

But guess trying to improve things for everyone is a bad thing, so I'll drop this.

That's what's so Comical , when people living inside the USA are trying to justify insane shipping cost's to outside the USA when they cant even see how insane and how they differ from one auction to another.

But there's no convincing some.

Not meant to insult just stating a fact...

Cheers

Edit: I bought World Championship Baseball for a grand total of $5.60. Even though it's not World Series Baseball, it is still a cart I didn't have. How many baseball games are on the INTV, anyway?

MLB/Big League Baseball

World Championship Baseball

World Series MLB/Super Series Big League Baseball

Super Pro Baseball (Intelligentvision Homebrew)

• 2 weeks later...

Was anyone lucky enough to snatch up this gem?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2827936262491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=282793626249&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yah I was watching it and in my opinion it went for way too low for how hard it is to find. Congrats to whoever got it. I had to fight my urge to bid on it in an attempt to not hoard these things. ???