IGNORED

High Score Club 8.19 - Private Eye

Ze_ro

A few thoughts about this game...

This Private Eye doesn't seem too popular, people are throwing flower pots at him, bricks from houses fall off onto him,

and even birds and rats don't like him. His car needs new shocks too.

And why did Activision use the background from Pitfall for half this game?

Yeah, but despite all his misfortunes, he remains impressively imperturbable, which is especially annoying when I run into yet another blocked one-way detour. His jalopy, on the other hand, is always jittery but consistently yields a mighty wicked turning radius.

Here's my strategy for Case 3. It's got to be done with precision. There is a little room for error, like not going over a couple jumps on the first try, but not much.

Go left and take 3rd detour

Go right and get the RING

Keep going right and take the first detour that is in the forest

Go right and take 2nd detour after the jump

Go left to GEM STORE

Go back right and take detour

Go right and take next detour (in forest)

Keep going right and get the COMB

Go left and take the 1st detour after the jump

Keep going left and again take the first detour after the jump

Go right and take the first detour

Keep going right and take the first detour after the POLICE STATION

Go left to the HAIRCUTS

Go back right and take the detour

Go left and take the 2nd detour after the POLICE STATION

Keep going left and take the detour in the forest

Go right and take the 1st forest detour

Go left and nab the CROOK

Go right and take the next detour

Keep going right to POLICE STATION

Hopefully this makes sense.

Here's my strategy for Case 3. It's got to be done with precision. There is a little room for error, like not going over a couple jumps on the first try, but not much.

Go left and take 3rd detour

Go right and get the RING

Keep going right and take the first detour that is in the forest

Go right and take 2nd detour after the jump

Go left to GEM STORE

Go back right and take detour

Go right and take next detour (in forest)

Keep going right and get the COMB

Keep going left and again take the first detour after the jump

Go right and take the first detour

Keep going right and take the first detour after the POLICE STATION

Go left to the HAIRCUTS

Go left and take the 2nd detour after the POLICE STATION

Keep going left and take the detour in the forest

Go right and take the 1st forest detour

Go left and nab the CROOK

Go right and take the next detour

Keep going right to POLICE STATION

Hopefully this makes sense.

Awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to right that out

Hope you're feeling better soon, Scrabbler.

Now I'm waiting for the other two big guns to post their case results (you guys know who I'm talking about ;) )

Hun, if you mean one gun as inme... well... you're in a league of your own here! I also like scrab, are not feeling very well, lucky today I feel better for a game or two, but the other days, I been battling fatigue and sinus-idos headaches. I didnt have time to learn the cases yesterday... I was sawing boards and laying carpet the whole day.

My face ---> :( Hey, there's no crying in Private Eye!?!

CASE 5 = 91,686 I found the Comb! :twisted:

CASE (1) SOLVED.

CASE (2) ? I DON'T "GET" CASE 2, I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING BUT THE VASE THING. JUMP ME FENCES!!!

CASE (3) ?

CASE (4) No thanks, no chance (NO TIME)!

post-3059-129420341467_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

*facepalms and nearly kicks self*

I can't believe I nearly forgot to post these. I need to get better at being here.

Anyway, here's the requisite cases 1-4.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

If I'd posted these sooner, I'd say that you should get these before even attempting case 5 due to the areas being very similar to their stand-alone case layouts. I'd also advise to make your own map, as I drew all over the one in the manual (downloaded jpg, doodled on it with Paint) and I often got myself confused reading my own map, mainly in case 4.

The main reason I'm so disappointed in myself for posting so late this time, is THIS. It'd look so much better in a separate post.

bigsweep.jpg

Case 5, 237k. Caught the crook. It took a lot of memorization and map-looking while driving. With navigation not being far off the mark (for once), I had plenty of time to get my car stabbed and making a few backtracks to recover lost items/crooks.

bigsweep.jpg

Case 5, 237k. Caught the crook. It took a lot of memorization and map-looking while driving. With navigation not being far off the mark (for once), I had plenty of time to get my car stabbed and making a few backtracks to recover lost items/crooks.

How'd you do that? I can't find the crook in Case 5. I thought he was in the same place as Case 4 but, when I thought I was at the same spot, I couldn't find him. I didn't have enough time to get back anyway.

I just delivered the final item and snapped my score. No use looking for the crook again with so little time left. All it would do is deplete the score.

post-2105-12942073161_thumb.jpg

bigsweep.jpg

How'd you do that? I can't find the crook in Case 5. I thought he was in the same place as Case 4 but, when I thought I was at the same spot, I couldn't find him. I didn't have enough time to get back anyway.

I just delivered the final item and snapped my score. No use looking for the crook again with so little time left. All it would do is deplete the score.

post-2105-12942073161_thumb.jpg

The crook moved to another spot, but it only results in a slight change in course from what would otherwise have been a usual case 4 run. It's kinda hard for me to explain using my craptacular map (I'm pretty sure that only I can read it), but you have to take a certain one-way passage in the case 4 area. That one-way is just to the left (I forget how many screens exactly, but it's very close) of the one shortcut you come from after those really intricate clusters of detours (or whatever they're called that go into the background)...

Ahh lemme try that again. Remember where you caught him in case 4? If you keep driving to the left and take a detour...wait, that was a one-way. Dammit. I wish I made a better map.