IGNORED

I cannot believe that this is true!... Or is it?

José Pereira

Author of this is Larek

And what's this answer from Mono:

" <rotfl> positioning with an accuracy to a quarter cycle of color;> "

Coders around here, any explanations? any thoughts?

(this Mono answer have some clues)

Kaz you're involved on this, are you around?

This is... I don't deserve this...

José Pereira.

1/4 colour-clock, yes.

VBXE 640 pixel mode. 16 colours available.

I know this was too good to be true for a real stock old A8 Machine :(

(there's no way to act 1/2 colour clock in a stock XL/XE, no-one ever get it, it must be impossible, or maybe someone someday will get it!...)

Crazy me to believe...

José Pereira.

(How the hell to post this into that Thread at AtariOnline... we were talking about A8 vs C64 and this is supposed to be in real Machines, not todays/future Add-On)

1/4 colour-clock, yes.

(there's no way to act 1/2 colour clock in a stock XL/XE, no-one ever get it, it must be impossible, or maybe someone someday will get it!...)

Crazy me to believe...

José Pereira.

(How the hell to post this into that Thread at AtariOnline... we were talking about A8 vs C64 and this is supposed to be in real Machines, not todays/future Add-On)

As long as the sprites are moving in a horizontal direction, then you can interlace the sprites to obtain a pseudo hires sprite..

This has been done in 64-land to give pseudo 640 resolution scrollers and things, although there's no reason you couldn't apply the same logic to a sprite that was moving on screen at a constant speed in a game..

1/4 colour-clock, yes.

Crazy me to believe...

José Pereira.

As long as the sprites are moving in a horizontal direction, then you can interlace the sprites to obtain a pseudo hires sprite..

This has been done in 64-land to give pseudo 640 resolution scrollers and things, although there's no reason you couldn't apply the same logic to a sprite that was moving on screen at a constant speed in a game..

Strange is that the Author of this, Larek is here all the time, like right now, and continue without saying anything...

(I just see and his constantly update the time and are reading as the new Posts come into here)

Strange is a little to say...

José Pereira.