IGNORED

Who sells (and makes) ready to install 512KB Sram upgrade?

Marius

Hi!

Who sells these things?

On AtariAge several memory upgrades are discussed, and it is hard for me to know which ones are actually available and which ones are only prototypes.

I have 512KB sram upgrade in my 800XL and I'm very happy with it. I don't know where I bought that one (I forgot) and I really would like to buy one or perhaps even a few more.

It must be an install for XL computers, since I can upgrade my XE's myself easily. XL is different story for me :D

I please would like who sells these things, and what the costs are (including shipping)

I guess it contains a few PCB's... one for install on Antic socket (and putting Antic back on the PCB) and one for the MMU?

Thanks!

Marius

There is Hias 512k SRAM upgrade, requires a SRAM, GAL (several people can program these, including me), a few resistors, and some wire...

http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/#sram512k

sloopy.

Yeah I just saw it. I think I can make that one myself. Only thing (I already mailed Hiassoft, but perhaps you know it too) is that in the description I read about GAL 22V10 - 15 ... but when I look into several catalogs I see different letter-additions. Like these:

GAL22V10D-15QPN

GAL22V10D-25LPN

Are those both OK to buy / use?

I think I'll buy byself a GAL programmer. I have a zillion atari 8bit computers, and I definately want to upgrade a few of them.

thanks for any help/info

Greetz

M.

There is Hias 512k SRAM upgrade, requires a SRAM, GAL (several people can program these, including me), a few resistors, and some wire...

sloopy.

Yeah I just saw it. I think I can make that one myself. Only thing (I already mailed Hiassoft, but perhaps you know it too) is that in the description I read about GAL 22V10 - 15 ... but when I look into several catalogs I see different letter-additions. Like these:

GAL22V10D-15QPN

GAL22V10D-25LPN

I think I'll buy byself a GAL programmer. I have a zillion atari 8bit computers, and I definately want to upgrade a few of them.

thanks for any help/info

Greetz

M.

the letter at the end ( D in this case) is the revision of the GAL, D is a newer rev then C, etc, and the number 15, 25, is the speed in ns, any of 10,15,25 would work fine for this. and the remaining is package type, i only have DIP and PLCC ones myself...

as for programmer i have a Genius G540 (ebay $50-75 shipped to US) and works well, and does PAL, GAL, PIC, MCU's, and many types of (E)EPROMS, and flash... only issue i have with it is the program is in engrish, (also works no prob in XP, but you need to do a little work to get it running in Vista/7). but the newest version of the program (mostly) solves the engrish problem...

sloopy.

It depends on the manufacturer. The Q and L normally refer to quarter-power or low-power. The PN suffix is probably the package - usually PDIP.

Bob

sloopy.

GAL22V10D-15QPN

GAL22V10D-25LPN

thanks for any help/info

Greetz

M.