IGNORED

Different Jags! how odd

LinkoVitch

I just checked my old faithful Jag and it has no M in the serial, I don't think my other one does, I guess I potentially have to of the rarer ones then.

My Original Jag I bougt shortly after they were released.  The serial number sticker does look like it has been stuck on afterwards on both Jags, is this the case with yours T-Bird?

When I bought the sacrificial jag the guy selling it sold it with a SCART lead but it was a pretty naff one (ribbon cable), I guess he lost or broke the original.

I think you bought one from the same guy that sold me the PAL unit I have. it had a cheap looking cable included for free.

All Jags have serial number stickers that were applied over the decal on the bottom of the unit if I recall.

I think Toshiba Jags might say toshiba on the chips inside.

They WERE the ones that came out first.

Oh...yeah.... Toshiba Jags have a DIP style A/D converter IC on between the joystick connectors too. If that helps identify it.

I took apart my blown up "K" series Jag, and the two processors have no markings that say toshiba OR Motorola. The MC68000 Processor has the Motorola symbol on it though. Neither of my K Jags have the A/D Switch.

I wonder :ponder:

I just checked my old faithful Jag and it has no M in the serial, I don't think my other one does, I guess I potentially have to of the rarer ones then.

My Original Jag I bougt shortly after they were released.  The serial number sticker does look like it has been stuck on afterwards on both Jags, is this the case with yours T-Bird?

When I bought the sacrificial jag the guy selling it sold it with a SCART lead but it was a pretty naff one (ribbon cable), I guess he lost or broke the original.

I think you bought one from the same guy that sold me the PAL unit I have. it had a cheap looking cable included for free.

All Jags have serial number stickers that were applied over the decal on the bottom of the unit if I recall.

I think Toshiba Jags might say toshiba on the chips inside.

They WERE the ones that came out first.

Oh...yeah.... Toshiba Jags have a DIP style A/D converter IC on between the joystick connectors too. If that helps identify it.

I took apart my blown up "K" series Jag, and the two processors have no markings that say toshiba OR Motorola. The MC68000 Processor has the Motorola symbol on it though. Neither of my K Jags have the A/D Switch.

I wonder :ponder:

It's not a switch, it's a chip. It's up between the joystick ports. It's one of the only DIL through-hole soldered pieces in the Jag.

the 6D one (which I think is the same as the head tracker for the VR).

It don't think it is. The dev manual has head trackers and analogue controllers listed seperately, and the way they work seems to be different (head trackers use encoded angle information). But the dev manual doesn't go into great detail on how to make an analogue control using the built-in a/d convertor, since it was removed before the release of the dev manual I have a copy of. Sorry ;)

BattleSphere(t,) supports the analog controller using the A/D converter built into the early K-Series Jaguars.

Like I said, if you want to compare what the differences between the two are I'm happy to swap ;-) I'm sure you have more than one :)

How many Jag consoles of one type or another do you have, for interest's sake? I'm just sticking to my two for now...though I might get another to use as a 'fresh start'. My modified one is beginning to show signs of strain, not to mention not looking too pretty :)

Stone

BTW is possible to "upgrade" newer Jags to analog joy functionality with attaching ADC0844 and necessary capacitors? Did anybody try it?

YEs, it works quite well. I tried it when we discovered that they removed Analog support from the Jag after we had put in the analog code. I wanted to make sure people could retrofit it if they wanted.