IGNORED

Mentis Cohorts - Four Odyssey Games in One

Rev. Rob

Thanks to jahfish, I now have box art.

The question is should I start taking pre-orders now, or wait until I can take a good pic of the box with the final art and screen overlays, which might not be for another week?

post-13431-129516821595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rev. Rob

The question is should I start taking pre-orders now, or wait until I can take a good pic of the box with the final art and screen overlays, which might not be for another week?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome job on the box art! Was this artwork created from scratch?

-B

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome job on the box art! Was this artwork created from scratch?

-B

No, he remixed some poster art from some B movie that I've never heard of.

Time for an update. Below are the game rules as copied from the instructions, which have been completed. The next update will include images of the prototype box, screen overlay, and the whole game set. At that point, pre-orders will begin. That will be within a few days. If anyone visits other forums where collectors go, I would thank you to post a link to this thread.

After all the costs, I am thinking around $55 shipped domestically, $65 outside the US. Also, the Q&A has been updated.

There are four modes of play for Mentis Cohorts:

1. Mentis - Two player strategy board game.

2. Mentis Strike - Same as Mentis, but utilizes the Odyssey for additional game play elements.

3. Ego Mentis - A singer player strategy game similar to peg solitaire that only requires the game peices.

4. Mentis Siege - An Odyssey version of Breakout. Also single player.

SETUP

1. Have available GAME CARD #5 and the Master Control Unit.

2. Place the SCREEN OVERLAY into the upper center portion of the screen, at least three inches from the top of the screen (ILLUST. A).

3. Set the desired SPEED by using the SPEED Control on your Master Control Unit. Turn it to the LEFT for the slowest setting. Turn it to the RIGHT for faster paced game play.

PREPARATION FOR PLAY

1. Set up the game board so that DARK occupies the area from I4 through K7 and LIGHT occupies the area from E9 through G11.

MENTIS PLAY

1. The objective of the game is to incapacitate the enemy.

2. One player is designated the DARK and another player is designated the LIGHT. In the battle of DARK and LIGHT, DARK strikes first.

3. Players can only move one piece at a time, and may only move if they first jump over one of their own pieces. Jumps can be made vertically, horizontally, and diagonally.

4. In order to take an opponent’s piece, it must be jumped.

5. One only piece can occupy each location on the game board at a time.

6. A player may only move once per turn, therefore players cannot “double jump” their own pieces or their opponent’s pieces.

7. A victory is had when one player leave the other without movement; when one player leaves the other without the ability to move horizontally, or vertically, or diagonally. If both players are left incapacitated then the player who inflicted the final blow is the victor.

MENTIS STRIKE PLAY

1. Follow the same rules as MENTIS with the following additional rules:

2. If one of the opponent’s game pieces lies in a location identified on the SCREEN OVERLAY, then the player may forfeit their turn and exclaim “STRIKE” followed by the strike coordinates, i.e. M10.

3. Insert GAME CARD #5 into the Master Control Unit.

4. In STRIKE mode the defending player uses CONTROLLER 2 to place the SPOT in the identified space on the screen.

5. The attacking player presses RESET to release the ball.

6. The defending player must serve the ball to the attacking player. (English is allowed to be used to prevent the attacker from hitting the ball.)

7. The attacking player must use CONTROLLER 1 and wait in the bottom-left corner of the screen until the ball is served. Once served, the attacker must intercept the ball and then STRKE the defender’s SPOT causing it to disappear.

8. If the attacker misses the serve or the target, the turn is over.

EGO MENTIS PLAY

1. Set up the 18 game pieces so that they are a block of six across and the deep.

2. One at a time jump a piece, then remove the jumped piece.

3. The objective of the game is to have only one piece remaining.

MENTIS SIEGE PLAY

1. Place the SCREEN OVERLAY on the screen.

2. Insert GAME CARD #5 into the Master Control Unit.

3. Set up the 18 game pieces so that they are a block of six across and the deep.

4. Use CONTROLLER 2 to place the SPOT in a position in the bottom row on the SCREEN OVERLAY.

5. Press the RESET button on CONTROLLER 1 to release the ball.

6. Press the RESET button on CONTROLLER 2 to serve the ball.

7. Use CONTROLLER one to intercept the ball and then STRIKE the spot causing it to disappear, then remove the corresponding game piece.

8. The SPOT cannot be placed into a higher row until a block in the lower row has been destroyed.

9. If a block in the top row or center row is destroyed, but a block below it exists, then the block below it is destroyed as well.

10. The objective of the game is to clear all blocks in as little moves as possible, thereby destroying the enemy’s fortifications.

11. The maximum number of moves allowed is 18.

Edited by Rev. Rob

• 3 months later...