IGNORED

Hardsynth Tracker

analmux

Hi Analmux

A lot of us Atari 8 bit users seem to again have chosen for the best computer, so the question is: Will there be a Mac-version of this PC-Tool?

sincerely

Mathy

Mathiy, you are right but what works esp. on Intel Macs is using Oracle's Virtual Box and Windows XP. I left my parallels + Windows 7 and using XP again. It is far less RAM and CPU consuming and for retro coding and gaming enough.

Mathy, I know I know... me, too... ;) I even left Windows in the office and glad to have a MBP ;) but sometimes you have native applications you need to run and Virtual Box is an alternative if you don't have your tool ported to OSX. ;) See G2F and RMT f.e. ;) or Altirra.

Edited by Heaven/TQA

...Will there be a Mac-version of this PC-Tool?...

Well, if it's true what Heaven says, i.e. if it's easy to run a Windows XP/Vista/7 emulator on a Mac, then I'm not considering to put extra time in writing a Mac version.

On the other hand, I might release the stuff as being 'open source', so if anyone else would like to write a Mac tool then that would be fine to me. The same applies to writing a user-friendly tool for a Windows-machine anyway: if anyone, who's got more experience than me writing a windows tool, would like to write a high-level PC-tool, then that's fine with me.

The primary goal is writing an A8 playing core library, then writing a basic editor, also being an A8-tool.

@virtualbox:

I use it with Linux and run Win7 in the box. Works like a dream. Win7 i snot that bad, and I am Linux guy!

Further, there is the "Seamless mode". then you have a Windows-Program running in its own window, but this window is managed by your native WindowManager.

And yes, sound is working wonderful with Virtualbox. Even video works great.

@analmux

RMT-2-HST sounds good.

If I find the time and motivation I will look into using POKEY.dll. But do not count on that if you or anybody else can/want to do it go ahead :)

• 2 years later...