IGNORED

Best Activision Game

tz101

It's interesting that nobody's mentioned Megamania yet. That's usually one of the reliable "fan favorites" that shows up over and over again on everybody's "Top 2600 Games" lists; personally, I think it was (and is) vastly overrated.

Apparently no love for Crackpots, Plaque Attack, or Private Eye either. Of those three, Crackpots is my favorite.

Hey, what about Keystone Kapers? I love this game. Of course the other mentions like Pitfall, River Raid, H.E.R.O. are of course really good too. Activision made some of the best 2600 game IMHO (along with iMagic).

For some reason I can't give Imagic the same love that you do. There are only a few Imagic games that I really like.

Um, Keystone Kapers is an Activision game, not an iMagic.

True. But Imagic was mentioned in the quote.

Activision made some of the best 2600 game IMHO (along with iMagic)

It's interesting that nobody's mentioned Megamania yet. That's usually one of the reliable "fan favorites" that shows up over and over again on everybody's "Top 2600 Games" lists; personally, I think it was (and is) vastly overrated.

Apparently no love for Crackpots, Plaque Attack, or Private Eye either. Of those three, Crackpots is my favorite.

MegaMania is one of my all time favorite games. Each wave is different and requires a different skill and you still have to watch the time. Love that game.

I’d simply say “reference my avatar” for my top 3, but in truth I actually prefer both Enduro and Pressure cooker to Keystone Kapers. Frostbite is the hands down #1 for me.

And for all those talking about Kaboom and jittery paddles, clean those suckers up and they’ll be good as new. It’s worth the effort strictly to play Kaboom, IMO.

Edited by Cynicaster

MegaMania is one of my all time favorite games. Each wave is different and requires a different skill and you still have to watch the time. Love that game.

I agree. Its one of activisions better games, its challenging and the different waves keep things fresh.

Normally, I'd say HERO, then Kaboom... but right now, I'm going with Freeway!

As a kid, I played this game til it gave me hihg blood pressure trying to get a patch... I've played it a few times here and there over the years, but grabbed it tonight for some reason, and FINALLY, after 28 years got my patch-worthy score. :) Took about 4 games. lol

Frostbite / Dolphin / Pressure Cooker / Stampede

Also like Starmaster, River Raid etc... I can't pick just one!

I don't like - Private Eye, Pitfall II, Chopper Command, Barnstorming.

Laser Blast is bad, but a guilty pleasure at times for whatever reason lol.

I like the sound effects and the laser, but it's possibly the worst activision game overall.

I'd like Spider Fighter but it's far too easy.

Pitfall II has no replay value to me, and I sold my only copy of it. BORING gameplay, its just a 'wait' then move type game, you don't die... you don't do anything but go under birds, climb under frogs and grab treasures... it's pointless.

Private Eye?!, I'd rather put a nail in my thigh! ~AGONY~ maze gaming, with the streets and country roads blending in with each other to keep you lost and driving forever... there's over 200 blocks to drive around in game 5. Can't tell one route from the next. :twisted:

Okay, I come with a pretty different list, but agree that most Activision games are VERY GOOD games for the Atari VCS:

1st) RAMPAGE - I never got a chance to play that as a kid, but at the moment I am pretty addicted to it :)

2nd) TOMCAT - This was my No.1 game when I was a kid and the reason for buying my 7800 was the "sequel" F-18 Hornet

3rd) PRESSURE COOKER - I really love burgers and so this game :)

4th) DOUBLE DRAGON - My favourite game on the 7800 and the 2600 version rocks just to have been made :)

5th) RIVER RAID I+II - Those are really action classics!

DECATHLON would also be on this list, but it is a joystick killer ;)

ENDURO is also excellent, but I didn't play it, yet, just Super-Ferrari which is a ripp-off.

Activision games I can't stand are:

DRAGSTER and GRAND PRIX, not because they are bad, but I simply can't find a real game inside them ;)