IGNORED

Anyone have STacy and/or ST Book?

It would be cool to have one of these, but I don't think I would ever use it. I can run the STeem Engine emulator full-screen on my modern laptop and it would certainly run circles around the STacy and ST Book. Plus you get a much better screen, better battery life, and if I remember, those STacy's were pretty heavy (I don't think I ever saw an ST Book). They are certainly interesting from a historical perspective, though.

..Al

Yea... I dont really want it for portability (obviously)

and I'm not much into the emulators but I wouldn't mind having one

pluggged next to my main computer for other misc. uses.

Damn Atari! ;-)

I want to be a concept designer of their systems... umm.. only the _now_

Atari only wants to do games... blah ;-)

I wish I would have had 10 Million back in the day to buy Atari...

Oh my, the possibilities!!! -and the people on this board that would have a new job! ;-)

:) (I can dream right...)

Maybe I should represent my foo self to Atari, then they'd learn! ;-) haha,

Clint Thompson

:P

The STacy is just too heavy, its actually great if you're into Music and love all the MIDI software that is out there and don't feel like lugging a lot of equipment around, even with MIDI ports on PC's, the ST's software for MIDI is still a lot better.

The STBook is actually a wonderful ST laptop and although the pointer pad is a little difficult to use at times it does work work, I was in a pinch one day, my Thinkpad wasn't working properly and I needed to connect to the console port of a Sun E420r and several Cisco routers and a Pix and I brought along the STbook and used it to with STalker to do the console config's, the other engineers were having a look and kept asking about the Atari laptop and I gave some history on it and the fact that it was a 1991 laptop and that brought some looks that they were impressed, I thought it was cool, its always nice to bridge the gap from time to time.

However it is true, if you want an ST Laptop and want to use it day to day, then running STEEM or the like on a Pentium II or III laptop is going to totally rock over using a STacy or STbook.

Curt

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have STacy and/or ST Book?

IF so, willing to sell?

Just looking for more info and pics I guess...

I would like to eventually have both.. (ha) but what the hell right?

Hi,

I have searched over 6 years to get my hands on a ST BOOK so I wouldn't sell it. But when you want to know something just ask.

There is a ST BOOK on ebay now so maybe you have some luck bidding on it...

TXG/MNX

I see a STacy on ebay, but it have a start price of 275 UK pounds!!!  :(

Quoting myself....to correct:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2083577453

it's a STBook, as TXG wrote.

And, TXG, welcome to AA forum :D

Okay thanx... I also in a few mailing-lists, atari.org forum and newsgroups.....

Could you tell me something about the Italian Atarians, do you have clubs, meetings and is there special (home) made hardware/software from italy?