IGNORED

What Plug and Play games do you own?

Reinhardt

Radica - Genesis 16 bit. I love this thing; cool blue gamepad and a real long cord with a little "console" halfway down. Has Sonic, Robotnik Bean Mach, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Kd Chameleon and Flicky.

I just picked this exact unit up yesterday and I LOVE Flicky. I never played it before but it remind me a lot of Mappy, a game that I loved in the arcades. I'm going to hunt down a cart of Flicky, CIB preferably.

Too many, but let me try:

Pirates of the Caribbean NIB

Atari FB1 CIB

Atari FB2 CIB (2)

Star Wars Millenium Falcon

Star Wars Darth Vader (2)

Fantastic Four The Thing

Spider Man

Bat Man & Robin

Bat Man

Activision 10 in 1 black

Activision yellow

Atari CX40

Atari paddle

Taito/Radica Space Invaders

Namco Arcade

Pac Man Arcade

• 3 months later...

so i was looking for info on the jakks mortal kombat link cable and came across this thread.

TL;DR - i bought 2 new MK PnP things and lost both link cables. a few days ago i emailed jakks and asked for a replacement and they sent me this: (looks to be 3.5mm>RCAx2)

th_IMAG0005.jpg

The jack on the machine looks like this: (a 3.5mm headphone jack fits inside)

th_IMAG0006.jpg

Anybody have info on this cable or how to make one? or have a spare one?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Handheld Ms. Pac-Man 1992

Played this and Vindicators on those long road trips. I wore the lil joystick on this to death.

1290_1298832709100_Micro_Games_Ms__Pac_Man.jpg

Wonder Wizard Sharp Shooter

Bought this a decade ago from a Church sale. It's basically a bazillion different version of Pong...

Edited by DeusVult

For all my complaining about the quality of these, I have a bunch of em: (all Jakks)

The first Pacman Namco

The first Ms Pacman with the twisty stick

The remote control Ms Pacman

The yellow Super Pacman

The latest 'arcade' lookin' one with Pacman and a bunch of other games

The only one I'm missing from the Namco game collections were the ones with those 'keys' (extra games or something) but I had all the games anyway. The collector in me wants to get the version of the Pacman stick with the cool artwork on it (Pacman with some ghosts, it's round).

I also have the double paddle Atari Jakks stick. Not a lot of fun but this was before I went and got back all my old Atari gear. I haven't gotten rid of it, not to sure why.

I had the Tetris one with that funky twisty joystick (looked like Tetris blocks) but it was actually a terrible way to play the game; wasn't precise and made the higher levels unplayable. I gave it to a friend who loved Tetris and enjoyed this version.

I remember buying the Pinball plug n play. Returned it, I was not impressed at all. And the plug in Golden Tee...thought it would be cool, but again let down by the cheapness of the unit. That was the last plug n play I bought (other than the Flashback 2.0 and 2+).

I wish I had picked up the Capcom stick, if only to try it out (and it seems a little rare these days). I was so pissed at the crappy construction of the products though that I passed it up.

I'm pretty sure these things will not become collectible...even in 30 years, lol. They look kinda cool all lined up on a shelf, but that's about it. And to give credit, they really got me back into retrogaming...buying the original systems again to get the full enjoyment. So they served their purpose!

I also have the double paddle Atari Jakks stick. Not a lot of fun but this was before I went and got back all my old Atari gear. I haven't gotten rid of it, not to sure why.

Strange, what didn't you like about it? I believe the Atari Paddles system is the most highly regarded modern-era plug-n-play system at AtariAge. Heck, its development staff included some AAers, and it runs on a quasi-emulation system which plays very accurately, as far as I know.

I had the Tetris one with that funky twisty joystick (looked like Tetris blocks) but it was actually a terrible way to play the game; wasn't precise and made the higher levels unplayable. I gave it to a friend who loved Tetris and enjoyed this version.

Yes, that plug-n-play indeed has terrible, frustrating controls.

I remember buying the Pinball plug n play. Returned it, I was not impressed at all. And the plug in Golden Tee...thought it would be cool, but again let down by the cheapness of the unit. That was the last plug n play I bought (other than the Flashback 2.0 and 2+).

Heh, as the guy who liked Jakks' pinball plug-n-play enough to not only track my high scores on every table but also write a guide to every table, I clearly disagree here. :) I just really like pinball a lot; I'm the type who has spent hours chasing down the Wizard goals in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection and Pinball Arcade.

Which Golden Tee did you buy? There was one from Radica back in 2005 or 2006 (developed by FarSight, the developer of Pinball Hall of Fame and Pinball Arcade, incidentally), and there was one from Jakks last year. Jakks' rendition ran on much more advanced hardware (most evident in the high resolution picture) and had more content.

I'm pretty sure these things will not become collectible...even in 30 years, lol. They look kinda cool all lined up on a shelf, but that's about it. And to give credit, they really got me back into retrogaming...buying the original systems again to get the full enjoyment. So they served their purpose!

I'm pretty sure all at least moderately popular toys eventually become collectible. Collectibility generally stems from nostalgia, so as long as there are enough members of the population who have good memories of something, there will be some desirability for it after some time has passed. These systems may have been disappointing to you and other serious retro gaming fans, but I think they were generally well liked among more casual consumers.

onmode-ky

As far as the paddles, it was entirely a feel thing. The paddles didn't have that light touch that I was so used to with the originals. The gameplay was fine, though. One of my all-time faves is Kaboom!...woulda been great to have it on there, ala Flashback 2 with their Activision titles.

The reason I think they won't be collectible is because their main audience was 'nostalgia' folks...so, I'm not sure how they demand can build among the non-nostalgia folks enough to warrant them valuable. I don't see a 25 year old in 15 years time looking back to his Jakks stick with the same nostalgia as we did with our Atari and arcade memories. And there's just way too many of them out there to be collectible among toy collectors (well, maybe that Capcom stick, who knows? Only saw one in the wild).

The Golden Tee I bought was around 2006. I'd def check one out if it was better quality, gamewise. The ball was fine, I liked the controls...but the 8-bit graphics were a let down. That's why I didn't really dig the pinball..they were kinda boring. I really like the new virtual pinball stuff, tons of fun. I'm just picky, lol!

I was considering picking up a Jakks Big Game Hunter...but I passed after remembering how they messed up Golden Tee (or Radica, not sure but it was enough to turn me off of the bigger plug n plays). I'll def see what's up with Golden Tee, though. Fun game to break out every now and then among my non-gamer friends (and beer, don't know why but Golden Tee and beer is sweeeeeeeet).

Atari Flashback 1 (the crappy one)

Atari Flashback 2 (I have two and maybe I should cart mod one)

Sega Genesis- Both red and blue versions

Super Pacman with 3 other Pac-man games

Pacman

Ms Pac

C64

Konami Arcade Classics

TMNT (From Ax's BOC :grin: )

The Intellivision (both)

Spongebob

Atari Joystick on a NES chip version

Sega Genesis Sonic PnP with the SD card

I also have some of those Senario PnPs with the ripped NES graphics plus a few others.

The Intellivision (both)

Spongebob

Atari Joystick on a NES chip version

I'm guessing you mean the two Intellivision 10 systems. Techno Source also released a 25-game system alongside the first 10-game model, and they also made a 2-player system.

If you're a Spongebob collector, Jakks' Spongebob plug-n-play series includes 4 models (original, "Dilly Dabbler" (for early childhood ages), "Fry Cook Games," and "Jellyfish Dodge"), plus one motion gaming model, a racing game.

Jakks' Atari joystick plug-n-play is often cited as running on a NES-on-a-chip, but it actually does not. It's most likely a Winbond microcontroller.

Funny, today I just saw the more recent Golden Tee in the store for about 30 bux. I almost picked it up again, but I just can't see it being that much of an improvement over the last one. Anybody play it?

I've seen it in person, though I haven't played it. Graphically, it's noticeably higher resolution (VGA). You can see some gameplay in

, though it's via a "camera pointed at a CRT" setup and isn't all that clear.

onmode-ky

I'm guessing you mean the two Intellivision 10 systems. Techno Source also released a 25-game system alongside the first 10-game model, and they also made a 2-player system.

If you're a Spongebob collector, Jakks' Spongebob plug-n-play series includes 4 models (original, "Dilly Dabbler" (for early childhood ages), "Fry Cook Games," and "Jellyfish Dodge"), plus one motion gaming model, a racing game.

I totally forgot there were two 10-game Intellivision versions. I have one of these. I also have the 25 game system by Techno Source with some of the games not working properly.

As fo the Spongebob version, I have the original one.

I also forgot to mention I have the Frogger PnP with just the single game too.