IGNORED

Coming soon

Albert

Between the Atari Age store and Hozer Vidio's updated site, I am going to have to rob a lot more banks!I've spent $360 just here at Atari Age and well over $800 at Hozer Vidio in the last two years.If only I had all the money the stock market sucked under($12,000! :? )....Oh yeah,the new Galaxian looks great.

Between the Atari Age store and Hozer Vidio's updated site, I am going to have to rob a lot more banks!I've spent $360 just here at Atari Age and well over $800 at Hozer Vidio in the last two years.If only I had all the money the stock market sucked under($12,000! :? )....Oh yeah,the new Galaxian looks great.

That's why y'all shouldve bought a Cuttle Cart when you had the chance! ;)

.. although I'll admit that label looks mighty tasty.. hmmm.. I just might have to fork out for dedicated carts for hacks/homebrews sometime soon enough :P

although I'll admit that label looks mighty tasty

You should see some of the labels Hozer is providing too. Damn. It looks like EVERYONE is producing some real quality works. Carts that actually look like they rolled off the Atari assembly line just today.

Makes the original VII labels I cobbled together look quite...sniff...mundane...

You should see some of the labels Hozer is providing too. Damn. It looks like EVERYONE is producing some real quality works. Carts that actually look like they rolled off the Atari assembly line just today.

Speaking of which.. yeah, who IS making that artwork? Who made that Galaxian one above? Damn, the more I look at it the harder I get :lol:

http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?Sys...oftwareHackID=1

is that it?

I have to say that 2600 galaxian is one of the few 2600 arcade ports (like donkey kong,) that I thought had really bad gameplay compared to the arcade. Just doesn't capture it. At least it looks a damn sight better than donkey kong. :-) I'd love to see someone take a good 2600 platform game (like pitfall 2 or montezuma, for example,) and hack them into a GOOD 2600 donkey kong, or jr.

I checked out the Hack listing for this title...  :?  

What is the difference between the original and this title?  Slightly changed enemy and player graphics?  Is that it?

That and the removal of the border.. which sort of make's all the difference in my book. Galaxian was supposed to take place in SPACE, not some orange box :P