IGNORED

Coming soon

Albert

I'll be getting that Pac-man JUST for the label, even though the Hack is MEGA SWEET too! ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D

Totally with you there, Stan. I've already got the thing on cart and am planning to pick it up again simply for the swell looking label that AA is slapping on the thing.

Excelsior!

Space Invaders Arcade!!!

Oh my god! That label rocks!!!!! :o

Looks like I'm gonna have to build up some credit with the AtariAge Store.

:)

Are these new games, hacks of the old game (or of a similar game like Ms. Pacman -> Pacman), or just a repackaging of the original releases?

-Chris

Are these new games, hacks of the old game (or of a similar game like Ms. Pacman -> Pacman)

They seem to be the hacks done to the original games to make them more like their arcade counterparts. Pac-Man Arcade I'm assuming is "A Better Pac-Man" which is in fact an AWESOME hack of Ms. Pac Man.

Are these new games, hacks of the old game (or of a similar game like Ms. Pacman -> Pacman), or just a repackaging of the original releases?

As others have stated now, these are existing hacks that have been created that the authors (of the hacks) have graciously allowed us to rename so we could create an "arcade" theme of hacks. These three hacks all do a great job of bringing these 2600 games closer to their arcade counterparts.

Pac-Man Arcade is Rob Kudla's Ms. Pac-Man hack, that takes the much better Ms. Pac-Man and turns it into a great rendition of Pac-Man for the 2600. Space Invaders Arcade is Rob Kudla's Space Invaders and changes the graphics, colors and sounds to make it more faithful to the arcade. And finally, Galaxian Arcade is actually Cybergoth Galaxian, which is a hack initially created by Jess Ragan, and then modiified slightly by Manuel Polik (to remove the orange border).

All three of these hacks will be available when we launch our new store, which will be very soon.

..Al

Speaking of which.. yeah, who IS making that artwork? Who made that Galaxian one above? Damn, the more I look at it the harder I get

Actually, I made all of the new artwork for Hozer. I made about 65 labels for him before he decided to shut it down. I've been staying quiet on Thomas' thread because I wanted to talk to Randy again before I post anything, but it's very frustrating and a case of bad timing for me I guess. Since Hozer Video is no more, my existing label art is no longer going to be seen. Oh well.

I feel bad because I had no idea that there was a disagreement over Thomas' PAL conversions, I made all the new labels for Randy before I knew anything about it. He was really excited about the new labels, and posted Thomas' PAL conversions shortly after I sent them to him. I'd show them all off here, but Randy now owns them and I'd need his permission.

AM

I feel bad because I had no idea that there was a disagreement over Thomas' PAL conversions, I made all the new labels for Randy before I knew anything about it.

I would call that a "typical Randy". :sad:

Don't worry, noone will blame you. I won't, just wondered who you are. And IMO the existance of your post proves that your are honest. :)

He was really excited about the new labels, and posted Thomas' PAL conversions shortly after I sent them to him. I'd show them all off here, but Randy now owns them and I'd need his permission.

I have seen your labels, and though I was quite angry at that time, I still remember them looking quite good. :thumbsup:

How long do you think it will take for these things to show up on eBay to be snatched up by the “uninformed”? Have the ALs considered putting them up for auction themselves to try to beat the sharks to the punch? Or would that be just like asking for trouble from Namco,et all?

How long do you think it will take for these things to show up on eBay to be snatched up by the “uninformed”? Have the ALs considered putting them up for auction themselves to try to beat the sharks to the punch? Or would that be just like asking for trouble from Namco?

AtariAge already has extensive listings on E-Pay...

'course the stuff is cheaper to buy here.. :)

M, I saw your label artwork at Hozer the last few days and they looked awesome. I would have loved to order the ntsc My Golf conversion with your cool label. Hopefully things will cool down and your work can see the light of day.

Thank you! I spent a great deal of time working on them, and had a lot of fun too.

Don't worry, noone will blame you. I won't, just wondered who you are. And IMO the existance of your post proves that your are honest.

Thank you for your support. I like to think that I'm an honest guy. :)

I have seen your labels, and though I was quite angry at that time, I still remember them looking quite good.

Thanks again! I was really looking forward to everyone seeing them. I'm hoping Randy reconsiders closing down his site, and makes peace with you.

AM

AtariAge already has extensive listings on E-Pay...

'course the stuff is cheaper to buy here.. :)

Yes, we have been selling the homebrews and hacks in our store on eBay. While AtariAge may be a busy classic gaming site, it vastly pales in comparison to the traffic that eBay gets. So the games sitting on eBay have much greater exposure than they do in our store. This benefits everyone involved, from us to the homebrew authors to the people who buy the games and didn't even realize new homebrews were being made for these classic systems. :)

The prices are higher because eBay charges quite a bit in listing and final-value fees, plus other fees like 25 cents for a gallery fee, 10 cents for a 10 day auction, and so forth. Plus it takes a lot of time to manage eBay auctions, compared to having a store where the items can sit with little maintenance once they are added.

Here are listings on eBay for anyone who is curious how we present games there:

AtariAge eBay Listings

..Al

Thanks again! I was really looking forward to everyone seeing them.

I guess my thread produced way more attention to Randy's site than usual. So I'm sure many people have seen them. :)

Though not on a cart...

I'm hoping Randy reconsiders closing down his site, and makes peace with you.

AFAIK Randy, making peace is not his strongest point.

Hi there!

Actually, I made all of the new artwork for Hozer. I made about 65 labels for him before he decided to shut it down. I've been staying quiet on Thomas' thread because I wanted to talk to Randy again before I post anything, but it's very frustrating and a case of bad timing for me I guess. Since Hozer Video is no more, my existing label art is no longer going to be seen. Oh well.

First want to tell you that I feel really, really sorry for you and all the work you did. I sure hope it'll surface again.

To put some more puzzle pieces in place, may I please ask a few more details about your dealings with Randy?

You must know, it is particular hard to get a "complete picture", when Thomas and I are actually sitting in Germany and there's only mails passed around, without us knowing anyone from the U.S. we're dealing with in person.

There's a few questions I'd like to ask regarding especially the controler hacks and TV format conversions Thomas did:

- Did Randy pay you any real $$ for doing labels

for these particular cartridges? How much?

- When did Randy first ask you to do labels for Thomas stuff?

- Which was the last of these labels you delivered and

when exactly did that happen?

Greetings,

Manuel

Did Randy pay you any real $$ for doing labels

for these particular cartridges? How much?

- When did Randy first ask you to do labels for Thomas stuff?

- Which was the last of these labels you delivered and

when exactly did that happen?

- Randy and I agreed to a deal involving him trading me cartridges in exchange for producing the labels. I'd rather not get into the specifics of what we worked out, but it was a fair deal for both of us. No real cash was to be involved. His first shipment of games to me was to be sent out at the end of this week, according to his last email to me. I trust he'll still do that and live up to his word. I'm waiting for him to contact me, as his regular email address has been disabled.

- This all happened very recently. Randy first agreed to trade labels for games on November 27th. As far as specifically requesting labels for Thomas' stuff... Well, it really was just part of the entire deal, he wanted labels for almost everything on his list. I did'nt produce labels in any specific order. I made labels for a whole bunch of prototypes & hacks, and a few reproduction labels too for rare games.

- I've been producing around 3-10 labels a day for him since November 27th, up until yesterday. The last PAL conversion label I worked on probably would have been over this past weekend, on the 14th or 15th of December. I worked hard to get these labels done fast, because I want more games! As I said before, I was completely unaware of any problems between Randy and Thomas during this time.

Randy has been great to deal with, and very polite in his emails to me. I have no reason to believe he won't live up to his end of the bargain. I wish he wouldn't shut down...I'm sorry he can't work out his differences with Thomas.

Off Topic (sorry)....I'm looking foward to getting over to Germany sometime, I've never been there. The company I work for has an office in Hamburg which I'll travel to eventually, and my Grandfather was born in Meinz, which I would love to visit. Alas, my last business trip to Europe was to Rome, Italy, I didn't get to see Germany. :(

AM