IGNORED

What's Rareware up to these days?

Metal Ghost

Hi all. Is anyone 'in the know' as far as what the men and women at Rare have been up to lately? I haven't been keeping up as much on game announcements and the like lately, and for some reason it just occurred to me that I have no clue what Rare (or Lionhead for that matter) have up their sleeves. If anyone even does, that is.

Anyone with any ideas?

Yep, they developed it.

Their most recent projects besides that have been Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts in 2008, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise in 2008, Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise on the DS in 2008, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts: L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges in 2009 (An expansion pack).

I see no announced projects, but I hope they've been doing more than just working on an expansion pack and Kinect Sports over the past several years.

I'm pretty sure Rare developed the avatars for the 360.

You mean the game avatar? or the Mii knock off avatars? (I could actually see that, since they are used in kinect sports.

Oh yeah, love the Viva pinata games, even the DS one (though it's the only one of it's kind for DS) I din't know they made Banjo Kazooie games, I may have to look into getting those too.

I din't know they made Banjo Kazooie games, I may have to look into getting those too.

Yeah, they made the originals "back in the day", too.

Would be nice if MS got them working on a new Perfect Dark (again). I actually liked Zero..

I've actually been meaning to pop PDZ back in for some play time recently, but simply put I have way to many games in queue right now to do that. I love the original Viva Piniata, and have put it in for some play recently. When I first got it my oldest daughter was way too young to really know what was going on. Now that she's older she loves watching me play it. The two of us also recently completed Banjo N&Bs (not the expansion though), which she also loved.

See, now that I have kids I have no problem with these very fun games but that are also family friendly. Don't get me wrong, I just finished BioShock 2 and am currently playing through Brutal Legend, but I need something I can throw on while the kids are still up sometimes too! If that's Rare's niche now, then so be it.

Anyway, if anyone here's what Rare's future projects might be, please post, I'd be exceedingly interested!

I've actually been meaning to pop PDZ back in for some play time recently, but simply put I have way to many games in queue right now to do that.

I feel the same way. Had so much fun playing PDZ co-op mode back a few years ago. If you haven't played through the game with a friend on a least one difficulty level, you're missing out. The best part is each difficulty level is has different, harder objectives. I don't think this game got the recognition it deserved when it came out. Online play existed, but hadn't really taken off yet. The off line PDZ is great, but the online PDZ is where the title really shines IMO.

I'd love to fire PDZ back up and play through again, just have so many games in the queue.

I'd love to fire PDZ back up and play through again, just have so many games in the queue.

I think I started a thread a few months back, but if anyone ever has the urge to get a game of PDZ going, I would be happy to play. I never really got to play it online when it was new because I didn't have a high-speed connection then.

• 1 month later...