IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

XM 2.0 ? That's new to me, this is it... the XM's are the XM's... Mark and I have tried to put in some hooks to do some possible future firmware updates and such, but the hardware is the hardware, there is not XM 2.0 on the drawing board whatsoever.

I would rather wait and get an XM that works than have to ship it back and wait for XM 2.0.

I'm not sure where you got your information from but there won't be an XM 2.0, nor will anybody have to send their units back.

-->I just meant that I would rather wait for a fully functional and bug-free XM than have to send a faulty unit back (e.g. Microsoft's first XBox 360 units in 2005), that's all.

Thanks for the answers GroovyBee.

Got link?

There is no Galaga for the A8 although that's not to say someone hasn't done the tunes for it.

I remember not long ago seeing a webpage where someone had an early WIP of a Galaga clone but it seemed over-ambitious and I think they wanted to do it in compiled Basic.

Edited by Rybags

That shouldn't be too difficult to implement, I released the source code to A8 Galaxian many years back, so that would be a good starting point to work from. I see now reason why Galaga couldn't be done quite well on the A8's

Got link?

There is no Galaga for the A8 although that's not to say someone hasn't done the tunes for it.

I remember not long ago seeing a webpage where someone had an early WIP of a Galaga clone but it seemed over-ambitious and I think they wanted to do it in compiled Basic.

• 2 weeks later...

Got link?

I'm not finding it on Youtube now. I totally didn't confuse it with Galaxian either.

Galaga and Phoenix get a mention on that AtariTools page. It'd be nice to be able to at least download/try AtariTools but last time I looked there was no download.

I had to emailed the creator of AtariTools in order to get the most recent Beta from him. This was a year ago though, so he's made better progress since then.

I will put an update on things up tomorrow... .have not been putting as much bandwidth as I want into the XM, Mark has been pulling up a LOT of the slack for me, have to wrap up this book so all of my time can be devoted back to engineering....

Any chance we could get a brief a status update? Thanks!

• Like 3

2. What games will be available that make use of it?

There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that has information on the announced games in its first post.

At what cost?

The cost of XM games will be set by their respective developers (just like any other homebrew title).

Advance warning: I dont want to sound like I am protesting against the lateness

or sound like a whiner...just trying to understand

some months ago, it looks like the end (and the shipping of the item was imminent) like one or two weeks later

Now it sounds like it could take a lot longer than that...any tentative release date seems pretty vague

am I right?

some months ago, it looks like the end (and the shipping of the item was imminent) like one or two weeks laterNow it sounds like it could take a lot longer than that...any tentative release date seems pretty vague

am I right?

What I think happened was thinks were looking great, but then they found another bug or issue with compatibility, and it was back to the drawing board. They want to get it to be as solid as it can possibly be, so they are taking their time with it. Plus, Curt and Marty have been prioritizing their book and it looks like they are about to release it.

Id be interested in buying a book..AFTER the xm is in my hands..

I myself have been restoring a old mustang from age 19-35 still in the garage stripped down to parts. when my buddies ask about how my old 68 is doing I tell em about the old kawis i restored or the house i bought or whatever but the car is a sore spot..so i guess i am no better. priorities change sometimes by the day.

As a long time supporter of this project, I will be happy when it is released. I do not expect it to be released anytime soon. Bob has been making so many fantastic games to hold any 7800 fan over, so I really have not been starving for new 7800 games. I do see the perspective of folks who purchased this long ago to want a more detailed schedule of when things are finally going to be finalized. I would rather wait and have a more polished product in the end. The fact that we are even getting this product at all is fantastic.

• Like 2