IGNORED

Moon Patrol w/ Music?

Arkhan

I never understood NOT wanting the music. Strange option.

Actually, I'd prefer that more games included the option. Especially in the NES era. Some game tunes there could really get on your nerves after a few minutes.

Moon Patrol just happened to have the switch available...I'm glad that they used it for something instead of ignoring it (which too many of the later games did).

• Like 2

Pointing out that somebody used a word in a nonsensical way is not trolling, though I can see how people with terrible language skills might prefer to think that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dilemma

He used the word correctly, see definition 2.

It's not worth the time, Brandon. He just loves to argue and to pick on others to make himself feel better.

To get this back onto topic, it's even more amazing that the game HAD music, as many 2600 games didn't. :)

• Like 1

I feel good knowing that others were musicless too, and now we have solved the dilemma!

How is that a dilemma?

Its a dilemma because I said it is. I played it with music, and then there was no music? What a dilemma! I can't figure out where the music went. Other versions have music, where did my music go!? OH CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS DILEMMA? OTHERS EXPERIENCE IT TOO WHAT DO WE DO.

Oh wait, we solved it. That dilemma of wondering where the music went and why it went away. Yeah, we solved it. and it was all because of you helpful people that aren't tools.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Use the LEFT difficulty switch.

I was watching a YouTube video and never new the Atari 2600 Moon Patrol had music! Here I thought it was a sound hack or something. Thanks for the tip. I always thought Moon Patrol was too quiet! I wonder if there are other Atari 2600 games that require the use of the difficulty switch to turn on in-game music?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes

Tho the description is backwards by stating that the music is off for difficulty A. It's off for B.

I would love to see a hack that reverses this, since I (most people?) generally play with switches in the "B" position. I always forget which switch and which position when I play this game and want to enable music.

• 5 years later...

Sadly many ALSO thought that Otto wasn't in the 2600 version of Berzerk, since the default mode lacked him!  I always thought that the default setting should have been setting 2, (free lives at 1000,) or even setting 6, (free lives at 2000.)  

Also the default settings for Asteroids for 2600 do not feature diagonal asteroids.  For that you have to go to setting 10 (I think it was.)  

Edited by Anime-Aint-Kid-Stuf
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:18 AM, Anime-Aint-Kid-Stuf said:

Sadly many ALSO thought that Otto wasn't in the 2600 version of Berzerk, since the default mode lacked him!  I always thought that the default setting should have been setting 2, (free lives at 1000,) or even setting 6, (free lives at 2000.)  

Also the default settings for Asteroids for 2600 do not feature diagonal asteroids.  For that you have to go to setting 10 (I think it was.)  

Any of the even number variations (game 2,4,6,8, etc.) have the diagonal asteroids I think. But yep.. Game 1 which a large percentage of people just play off the bat by default doesn't have them.

Also you don't get UFOs (an essential element of the game) unless you put the difficulty switch to A. 

• Like 2